APPLICANTS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED THAT APPLY VIA CHURCH STAFFING. YOU MUST APPLY ON OUR WEBSITE AT WWW.GATEWAYCHURCH.COM/EMPLOYMENT
For full job description please visit www.gatewaychurch.com/employment
Job Title: Early Childhood Director
Job Status: Full -Time
Reports to: Children’s Director
Positions Supervising: Early Childhood Coordinator
FLSA Status: Exempt
Summary of Position
The purpose of this position is to create and consistently lead a high- quality Early Childhood environment for Gateway Church. The position will be responsible for connecting with un-churched young children and families in the Austin area and to provide
a next step for them to grow spiritually, as well as provide a place for those following Christ to be equipped and on mission in their spiritual journey.
Provide high- quality Early Childhood Environment
- Follow Gateway’s defined policies and procedures for Early Childhood to ensure the highest possible standards for safety, security and sanitation are met.
- Create an environment in which both large group and small groups are fun, attractive and relational where children are known personally.
- Ensure the bible is taught with integrity, using methods that are relevant and accessible to children from varied backgrounds.
- Ensure parents experience excellent service, communication and are provided with opportunities to be involved in the spiritual development of their children.
- Manage your ministry budget well to maintain a surplus to account for growth and unexpected expenses.
- Fully staff the Early Childhood environments at your campus with effective and engaging volunteers.
- Identify, assimilate and develop new volunteers to allow for growth and expansion
- Ensure all Early Childhood volunteers experience a high level of care and community with other volunteers.
- Ensure all Early Childhood volunteers receive coaching and training that equips them to excel in their ministry role.
Connect with Young Families
- Create a place in which new families are welcomed, connected to a caring volunteer, and followed up with in a timely manner.
- Create strategic and ongoing initiatives to reach out and serve families of young children in our community.
- Provide Gateway communication outlets with engaging content and stories that promote and encourage families to involve their children in the Early Childhood department on a consistent basis.
- Develop volunteers with high leadership potential to expand the mission of Gateway Church in the Early Childhood Ministry and beyond.
- Raise up and equip volunteer leaders to care for and develop other volunteers at North Campus.
- Create and maintain an active leadership team of volunteers who meet regularly with the Early Childhood Director and work to evaluate and improve the Early Childhood Ministry.
- Work with the NexGen North and NexGen leaders from across campuses to plan ministry programming, events and initiatives for all children at Gateway Church.
- Other duties and pastoral responsibilities as assigned by the Children’s Director, Campus Pastor or Campus Services Director.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience working with children
- Working knowledge with computers and adept at using Social Media
- Proven experience in developing and leading staff and/or volunteer leaders
- Ability to trouble-shoot and to create process and systems
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong gifts in leading/shepherding volunteers, preferred
- Must have an intimate and growing relationship with Christ
- Must become a commissioned leader at Gateway Church (or be willing to if not currently commissioned)
- Model standards and expectations of commissioned leaders at Gateway Church
Working Conditions and other information
- Sunday through Thursday schedule with added responsibilities for holidays and special events as assigned
- Required Tuesday morning attendance (alternating Life Group/All Staff meetings for all full-time regular employees (part-time employees if required by their manager)
- Easter- all hands-on deck for Saturday/Sunday services and events
- Christmas- all hands-on deck for our Christmas services
* Note: See Holiday Policy in the employee handbook for more information
- Annual All Staff Retreat –attend our two day All Staff Retreat. Dates are subject to change but typically fall on a Monday/Tuesday mid-May
- Superbull- all hands-on deck for Saturday/Sunday services during Superbull
- Monthly Leadership Community Meeting – North Campus holds a leadership community meeting once per month. All staff is required to attend.
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Gateway Church, where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, color, sex, age, national origin,
disability, pregnancy or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
As a religious institution, it is important that all employees of Gateway Church practice the same beliefs of the church. We therefore reserve the right to exercise this bona fide occupational qualification (BFOQ) in determining which applicants are
best suited for positions at our church.
This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and the related BFOQ applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, termination and all other terms and conditions.