Associate Pastor Job Description – Grace Fellowship Church
Full-time position – 40 hours/week pastoral staff position accountable to the GFC Elder Board.
Youth Ministry (25-30 hours/week)
- Seek to grow the youth ministry by aggressively pursuing visitors and new contacts throughout the neighborhood and surrounding community.
- Lead and coordinate the various youth activities (6th -12th grades) in biblically-based studies designed to nurture faith and foster and encourage relationships. This includes our Sunday morning Discipleship class and our Wednesday
evening youth activities.
- Head up various activities (e.g. local outreaches, service projects, mission trips, camps, retreats, and special events) that provide the youth an environment in which to explore faith and to build faith community.
- Provide leadership and training opportunities to the youth and adult youth volunteers.
- Build relationships with youths by occasionally attending events and performances (e.g. sporting activities, recitals, musicals, plays, etc.) where GFC youth are involved.
Worship Ministry (10-15 hours/week)
- Plan, organize, and carry out all musical, technological, administrative, and creative elements related to the worship ministry.
- Lead, organize, rehearse, and equip the vocal, instrumental, and other creative teams for corporate worship gatherings. This includes providing leadership in the regular recruiting, equipping, training, scheduling, and motivating of volunteer team members
- Lead the corporate worship gathering planning process to craft an engaging order of worship (e.g., prayer, music, creative arts, scripture reading, testimonies, etc.) in support of the primary preaching text and topic in conjunction with the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain an overall repertoire of songs that lend themselves to full participation in singing with appropriate consideration to range, rhythm, complexity, familiarity, etc. Introduce new songs into the repertoire with intentionality, taking care to teach
the congregation when new songs are introduced.
Other various pastoral responsibilities (varies as needed)
- Serve as a full participating member of the GFC Elder board.
- Provide pulpit supply (preaching) approximately ten times a year.
- Develop relationships with all members of the congregation, but especially with families, youth, and members of the worship team.
- In conjunction with the Lead Pastor, shepherd the church body by coming alongside and comforting people in the midst of spiritual and personal crisis.
- Must be a man of mature Christian character whose life reflects the characteristics of 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1.
- Can affirm the Grace Fellowship Church’s Statement of Faith.
- Has at least a bachelor’s degree in youth ministry and/or worship ministry.
- Has some previous experience in leading worship and/or youth.
- Plays at least one instrument (preferably guitar).
- Has the vocal ability to lead congregational singing.
Skills and abilities desired:
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with youth, ministry leaders, volunteers, and church members in a highly visible ministry.
- Be a “go-getter” who is self-motivated to reach out to visitors and the wider community to help draw people into the church.
- Organizational skills to manage the day-to-day operations of ministries with numerous volunteers, as well as plan and organize various events and activities.
- Flexible to adjust music style and song selection to align with the Lead Pastor’s vision.
- A humble, teachable spirit that is willing to work with a team to accomplish ministry goals.
- Experience in recruiting, training and motivating volunteers.
- Possesses basic computer skills and is comfortable with using MS Word and PowerPoint.
- Has strong working knowledge of current contemporary worship music as well as familiarity with hymns.
Resumes should be sent to:
Jim & Jeanette Grady at: firstname.lastname@example.org