The First Presbyterian Church at Caldwell is a mainline denomination located in Caldwell, NJ. As a congregation, we value our Reformed Christian tradition of being highly committed to nurturing meaningful Christian faith in our contemporary word.
The Director of Youth Ministry (DCYM) will assume responsibilities in providing hands-on leadership & innovation for all facets of the Church's Children and Youth Ministry programs. The DCYM oversees and develops Bible based curriculums and programs for
children (Pre-K - 5) and Youth (6-12). As a representative of FPC, the DCYM assumes an active hands-on role in Faith-Based Youth Programming including, Confirmation Class, Vacation Bible-school, Community Service/Mission outreach and fun recreational activities
that engage youth in meaningful Christian discipleship.
What You Do:
- Develop and steer Christian Education program for preschool, elementary, middle school, and high school children.
- Develop and manage annual budgets.
- Collaborate with Pastors, staff & presbytery to effective coordinate liturgical activities i.e. 1st Communion, Confirmation and young-adult mission work.
- Recruit and develop relationships with Sunday School Teachers, Confirmation Teachers, Youth Helpers, and Mission Trip Counselors.
- Organize and team-teach annual "Confirmation Class".
- Work effectively with parents to generate support and participation in Children and Youth Ministry programs.
Why It Matters:
As Director of Youth Ministry you will have the privilege of positive-impact! You will have a central role in the spiritual development of the next generation of Christian youth in our local community and beyond.
- 5+ Years of progressive professional experience in related field.
- Bachelor's degree required; (Christian Education, Theology, Youth Ministry preferred - Not required).
- Training and/or experience in youth ministry.
- Technical Proficiency in Communications, Social Media, E-mail, etc.
- Experiences with Community outreach.
- Savvy with youth Communication (Instagram, FaceBook, Snapchat, etc..).
- Familiarity with Presbyterian Church USA, and appreciation of the history, theology, and polity - Highly Desired.
- Flexible work hours with the ability to work evenings and weekends (as required).
- Paid Vacation.
- Professional expense allowance.
- Continuing education reimbursement.