The Associate Director of High School in Student Ministries provides support and spiritual shepherding for Cornerstone’s ministry to High School Students and their families. They partner with the High School Student Ministry Pastor to create an exciting,
fun, challenging and growing ministry that engages all students. The Directors will oversee volunteer management, trips/events, and production of weekend services.
They should lead by example, and cultivate a positive spirit throughout the church family. They should represent Christ and His church well in the community at large. They should be a team player and follow the biblical model of sacrifice by being willing
to put the needs of others in front of their own. In all of their actions, they should be positive and supportive of the Core Values and the Vision of our church.
- Enlist, equip, and empower a team of volunteers to own and lead the High School Ministry and invest in the lives of High School students.
- Process all volunteer applications and determine appropriate fit in which to serve. Complete all onboarding for new volunteers.
- Assist the student ministry pastor in volunteer training.
- Be a primary communication point with volunteers throughout their time of service.
- Partner with the High School Student Pastor to execute an annual calendar of events for the Student Ministry.
- Invest in ongoing large and small group environments, mission trips, retreats, and outreach events.
- Oversee all logistics for trips and events.
- Manage and update student ministry website.
- Administrative duties as assigned by ministry director.
- Oversee and produce the front-end of weekend service.
- Emcee the weekend services, including announcements.
- Collaborate with the ministry pastor in the planning and evaluation of weekend services.
- Serve as the secondary teaching director for the high school ministry.
Role Model in Personal Life
- Model biblical community in his relationships (Matt 5:23-24, Matt 18:15-17, Eph 4:25-32).
- Model biblical family life before the body (Eph 5:22-6:4).
- Model biblical integrity in all things (1 Tim 6:11-12).
- 3 – 5 years of practical ministry experience.
- Experience leading a student ministry.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an area of concentration that has equipped him/her for vocational ministry, preferred.
- Must align with the vision, values, and doctrinal statement of Cornerstone Christian Fellowship.
- Must be a member of Cornerstone Christian Fellowship who supports the vision and values.
Important skills/personal traits
- Naturally gifted to be detail oriented.
- Teachable with a willing spirit to learn.
- Socially poised and confident, able to speak to large and small groups.