Ascent Community Church | Position Description
Position: Video and Media Intern
This staff member is responsible for leading our church forward through creative use of video storytelling. In this role you will be creating weekly videos to use your gift of storytelling and creativity to recap our major events, capture the unique stories
of people at our church, promote our upcoming events and experiment with artistic expressions of worship. You will think all the time about how to make sure all the things we are doing are widely known and super enticing through clever promotion. You’ll
need to be ready to be funny, inspirational, vulnerable and generally rad.
- Lead all aspects of video ministry from concept to filming to final editing.
- Work with all areas of our ministry to help them reach their full potential through well-conceived and produced videos for Sunday morning and weekly social media use.
- Execute on a creative plan for promotion through production of graphics, bulletin and social media strategy.
- Make sure YOU are connected to Jesus.? Connect to God and make that your #1 priority.
- Embody the values of Ascent: ?Make Ascent a place where connections are made with others and with Jesus.
- Push us with your creativity! We follow a God who is creative, so let’s be creative too!
- Partner with the whole church.? Be engaged in the broader life of Ascent.
- Be Teachable. ?Always be willing to learn with humility.
Salary and Details
Interns are paid $1000/month, and receive health insurance/benefits. Interns are reimbursed for any personal ministry expenses for up to $50/month. Personal fundraising is also encouraged to supplement the salary if necessary . In addition, interns receive
free room and board through a host family. Married applicants, however, do not receive room and board.
The 2018-2019 internship will begin on August 1st, 2018 and extend through June 31, 2019.