SM Program Coordinator
Student Ministry Pastor
30 hours weekly with Benefit Package
Develop and oversee processes that shepherd leaders to cultivate environments that influence students to find and follow Jesus.
This role provides support, organization and leadership for student ministries leaders in preparation for ministry programs. This includes maintaining good relationships with team leaders, providing
consistent communication weekly in managing and directing team leaders, problem solving, and holding pre-service meetings. This role also ensures that all resources necessary for leadership and implementation of program are present and in order at ministry
- Identify, recruit, develop, and empower volunteers for each area of programming
- Support team leaders to ensure vision and plan for ministry programs is implemented.
- Ministry Programs
- Creatively develop environments that engage middle school and high school students at ministry programs.
- Serve as a point for teachers, worship leaders, and tech teams if there are changes to the Program.
- Inform required personnel of any last-minute changes that might affect their particular area
- Be present 2 hours prior to ministry programs to oversee and ensure preparation of ministry environments.
- Communication and Social Media
- Oversee communication efforts, developing strategy as appropriate, to ensure key participants (students, parents, volunteers) are adequately informed of ministry current events.
- Manage student ministry social media presence to align with ministry event and teaching objectives, also monitoring responses from social media audience.
- Develop a culture that encourages interaction and sharing on social media among student ministry participants.
- Act as point person for LifePoint Students with LifePoint Communications & LifePoint Creative teams
- Program Technology
- Manage Planning Center Usage: scheduling, reminders, program flow planning & execution
- Oversee Tech Teams, ensuring sound/video are effectively operated and all media/slides are uploaded onto Pro Presenter prior to ministry programs.
- Special Events
- Assist Student Ministries with various special events throughout the year.
Qualifications and Required Skills
- Agree with LifePoint’s “What We Believe,” and commit to exhibit a lifestyle that is consistent with the same.
- A heart for the local church, a love for teens and their families, and a passion to help others find and follow Jesus
- A high regard and competency to faithfully abide in and proclaim God’s Word, complemented by a deep desire for others to find joy in the same.
- 1-2+ years of ministry experience
- Relates well to all kinds of people, builds effective relationships, communicates effectively both interpersonally and corporately
- Organized and able to manage multiple projects, beginning to end, in a fast-paced environment.
- Committed to improvement, seeks constructive criticism, understands strengths and weaknesses
- A problem solver that is action-oriented, displaying focus, passion and initiative.
- Creatively minded, not afraid of failure
- Knowledge of major social media channels such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snap Chat, etc.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products
- Excellent written and oral communication skills