Summit View Church
Pastor of Spiritual Formation
About Summit View Church
Summit View Church is a non-denominational community church committed to seeing the kingdom of God advance throughout Clark County. With a congregation of approximately 3,500, it has two locations in Vancouver, Washington about 25 minutes apart. The founding
campus, Heritage Park, is located at 7701 NE 182 Ave. Vancouver Washington 98682. It is a rural/suburan setting. It is located on 20 acres. It has a 15-year-old 30,000 sq. ft. Worship Center that seats 700 people. There is also a three-year-old 17,000 sq.
ft. gymnasium/office complex on the same campus.
The Westside campus is located at 11718 NW 31st Ave Vancouver, WA. 98685 This facility was remodeled five years ago when Summit View assumed the ministry there. It is located in the western most part of Clark County approximately 25 minutes away from
the Heritage Park Campus. The campus is located on three acres in an upper middle class suburban setting. It has a sanctuary that seats 175 people.
Dr.Michael Hearn is the Lead Pastor who directs the ministries at both campuses.
A Bit About Vancouver Washington
Vancouver, Washington sits on the north bank of the Columbia River directly across from Portland, Oregon. The Pacific Coast is less than 90 miles to the west. The Cascade Mountain Range rises on the east. Mount St. Helens National Volcanic Monument and
Mt. Hood are less than two hours away. The spectacular Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area lies 30 minutes to the east. Vancouver combines the excitement of a major metropolitan area with small-town charm and abundant recreational opportunities.
The Pastor of Spiritual Formation will work to build and maintain cohesive operating practices that enhance opportunities for Gospel transformation within the church body. This includes leadership over small groups, discipleship/resourcing classes and materials,
church involvement/informational meetings and personal mentoring. This person will be the primary point of leadership for directing, developing, and encouraging lay leaders and staff toward spiritual maturity, which involves a deepening relationship with
God and understanding obedience to Scripture resulting in increased faithfulness and intentional missional living.
Summit View Church is an Elder led church and all staff are ultimately under the authority of the Elder Board. This position will be under the supervision of the Lead Pastor in creating and implementing ministries pertaining to Spiritual Formation. This
pastor will work in conjunction with the Executive Pastor in the day to day function of the ministries.
Duties of a Spiritual Formation Pastor
- This position will assess and develop an overall spiritual formation strategy that aligns with the vision and mission of Summit View Church. This strategy will address the present needs of Summit View Church and its community, as well as anticipating their
future needs. This strategy will encompass these areas:
- Discipleship Classes– Oversee and enhance ministry to new believers and assisting them with faith formation, biblical understanding, and community building.
- Assimilation Classes(New at Summit View) – Lead and organize church assimilation classes. Further develop on-boarding new church attenders to faithful partners into church involvement, discipleship community and volunteer commitments.
- New Believer Welcoming– Oversee and enhance ministry to new believers and helping them with faith formation, biblical understanding, and community building.
- Small Groups and Spiritual Development– The development of systems and oversight of leadership and promotion of ministries related to Bible studies, small groups, resourcing classes, and leadership development.
- Internal Ministries – Enhancing leadership and cohesive operating
- The overall spiritual health of the church
- Create a culture of sustained learning that challenges people to grow through teaching, coaching, nurturing, and a thirst for God’s word.
- This person will strive to encourage spiritual disciplines which will lead to life transformation, the maturing of the saints in service, healthy marriages, family, and the outreach of the church.
- This pastor will be asked to develop high performing leaders who are capable of building their own cadre of leaders who would then serve in meaningful leadership positions to advance the ministry.
- Develop ongoing processes and procedures that will advance the ministry of Life Groups.
- Develop language, vision, theology, curriculum, and structure for Life Groups.
- Recruit, train, and sustain coaches and group leaders to advance the ministry.
- Spiritual Formation Focus - Summit View desires to see the body of Christ move from concept to practice, to connect orthodoxy and orthopraxy, and grow in their ability to follow the Holy Spirits leading in their lives. We believe a deep sense of congruency
in our lives between things we believe, the things we do, and the ways we think and feel and act about them are essential to the Christian faith
- Assimilation– vision and proven leadership experience for developing teams to welcome and assimilate spiritually curious non-Christians and new believers into the life of the church.
- Spiritual Formation– Broad knowledge of and value for differing forms of spiritual formation and discipleship needed for a diverse spiritual community of new and maturing Christians, including small groups, mentoring, and varied forms of
Christian discipleship. Specialized emphasis on reaching to and connecting with new believers is preferred.
- Administrative- Professional and capable management, administrative, and leadership skills. Excellent problem-solving skills and is a self-initiator. Word processing, email, and internet proficiency is essential. Ability to quickly learn
and apply knowledge of current church software.
- Educational/Experiential – Bachelor’s Degree required. Exceptional Biblical proficiency. Church ministry experience, specifically in working with lay leaders, multiplying discipleship efforts, leadership development, and experience working
with and leading teams.
- Communication/Teaching– Theologically sound with relational teaching style. Ability to communicate spiritual truth in compelling and transformative ways to non-Christian guests, new believers, and maturing Christians. Cooperative and
collaborative personality enabling effective teamwork in co-leadership settings.
- Strategic Thinking- Creativity in implementing our church’s vision, mission, and values. Proven ability to organize theoretical ideas into actionable and measurable processes. Wise decision making regarding human and financial resources
in a constantly growing church.
- Personal Disciplines – Possesses an ongoing habit of healthy spiritual discplines such as Bible study, prayer and tithing. An outcome of these disciplines is a recognizable contagious passion for God’s word and His people.
- This person will work primarily at the Heritage Park Campus but will serve as a coach to our other campuses.
- This is a full-time position consisting of a minimum of forty hours per week.
- This position provides for full medical insurance for the employee and their family.
- Dental insurance is provided for the employee.
- There is a 403 (b) retirement program which provides matching funds up to 4% of their salary.
- Salary will be based on expertise and experience.
To Apply: If you wish to apply for this position please email exclusively to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.