Killearn United Methodist Church invites applications for the full-time exempt position of
Director of Discipleship.
Killearn UMC is seeking a strategic person to lead and guide the discipleship process for young adults (post college) through elderly (senior adults). The qualities we are looking for include a deep relationship with Jesus Christ, high moral character, relational
with all ages, communication skills, and is passionate about discipleship in our community.
The Director will design and implement a discipleship model to promote the vision and mission of Killearn United Methodist Church to present the good news of Jesus Christ, to encourage growth and holiness and be sent out serve others in words and actions.
The Director will also serve as a staff liaison to various adult ministries (e.g., Men’s Ministries, Women’s Ministries, Senior Adults, Financial Peace University, etc.) providing support, encouragement, and assistance.
The position of Director commits to uphold the church through their prayers, presence, gifts, service and witness.
General Responsibilities include:
- Implement a Killearn UMC discipleship model and process.
- To assist in the new member process helping people discover their gifts and encouraging them to find a place of service.
- Small Group Coordination - oversee, recruit, train leaders and connect people to LifeGroups.
- Develop groups that have interest for people who are non-churched, de-churched, new believers, mature believers or those needing encouragement to live a full life (“Explore” Groups, “Empower” Groups and “Fresh Expressions”).
- Be willing to teach a class or lead a group in discipleship.
- To develop a team to assist in implementation of discipleship model.
- Develop an annual plan for encouraging Killearn UMC to daily study God’s Word.
Bachelor's degree and a minimum of three years’ experience working in discipleship ministry is preferred. One year of supervisory and/or leadership experience also preferred. Salary is highly competitive and includes benefits. A full job description is available
To apply, forward a letter of intent, resume, and the names and contact information for three professional references to Tim Willcox (firstname.lastname@example.org), Associate Pastor.