This person leads and oversees the junior and senior high students, and all ministry leaders associated with student ministries, inspiring students to know and experience Jesus personally and in Christian community. He or she contributes to the
team spirit of the entire staff through fellowship, encouragement, cooperation, prayer support and other appropriate ways, as he or she serves the Lord Jesus Christ and the church.
- Leadership of the youth ministry and vision setting, in conjunction with a small group of adult and student volunteers
- Management of weekly gatherings of students from 7th through 12th grade
- Organization of periodic social events and special activities, including summer and winter retreats and a yearly missions trip
- Communicating and empowering others to communicate the gospel to the youth through weekly gatherings, events and personal relationship
- Administration of the program, equipment, safety, and website
- Serve in one or more other areas of ministry that will be decided as the church moves to implement new vision
- A four-year college degree is highly desirable; formal Biblical education is also a plus
- If married, a supportive and involved family
- Relates well to others and has a passion for youth
- At least 2 years of leadership experience in youth ministry
- Personal character that represents and demonstrates Christ-like traits
- Personal faith in Jesus Christ and someone who agrees with and upholds Biblical principles and CCF’s beliefs
- Commensurate with education and experience
Founded in 1982, CCF is a non-denominational church located in Edmonds, Washington. It is home to roughly 200 families and has an average weekly attendance of 300. There are about 40 students in the youth group. CCF is very much a family-oriented
church. Our Senior Pastor, Brian Boone, has been with us for fourteen years and he is the fourth pastor in the church’s history.
Our Student Ministry serves 7th – 12th graders who are primarily from families attending CCF and is supported by a group of adult and student volunteers. Sunday evening gatherings are the foundation of Student Ministries and include worship, games,
and teaching. These are supplemented by periodic social events and retreats meant to foster community and provide opportunity to welcome friends from outside the church. For the past nine summers, teams of students have gone to Nicaragua for a one-week mission
trip, which has been a meaningful time of spiritual growth and relationship building for the participants.
CCF is a Bible-believing church seeking to live out faith anchored in Christ in our modern-day lives. The church is a very loving and willing group of people who genuinely want to follow Jesus. Our current mission statement is “Engaging all generations
to fully rely on God every day.” We are in the process of discerning God’s heart for our future and articulating that through a new vision statement.
How to Apply
To understand the process for applying, please visit http://www.ccfedmonds.org/smsearch. There you will find the full job description and qualifications, learn more about CCF and
Edmonds, and be able to read letters from the Search Team and the Senior Pastor. Thank you for your interest!