Student Ministry Director
Bear Creek Baptist Church
Status: Full-time, Salaried with benefits
Position Title: Student Ministry Director
Reports to: Ministries Pastor
- Bear Creek is a diverse contemporary suburban church strategically situated at the crossroads of the fast-growing areas of west Houston, Katy and Cypress with an average weekly attendance of 2,350 focused on being a gospel-centered, disciple-making community
for all people.
- The Student Ministry Director works under the direction of the Ministries Pastor and in close cooperation with lead staff and administrative teams to implement the vision, mission and values of Bear Creek Church throughout the Student Ministry (6th-12th
grade). The Student Ministry Director sets the tone for maintaining an inviting, creative and compelling ministry focused on reaching and connecting students.
Job Responsibilities & Duties
- The Student Director will lead the Student Ministry staff to build a team-oriented environment within the Student Ministry that supports a healthy, creative and cooperative organization with high motivation.
- The Student Director will provide leadership and mentoring while promoting creative ideas and biblical teaching methods throughout Student Grow Groups, Student Worship, mid-week programming and other special events.
- Administrative duties include strategic planning and implementation of the Student Ministry calendar and budget to support a comprehensive ministry program for 6th-12th grades students.
- Above all, a Christ-centered life
- Constant commitment to growing spiritually
- Call to serve the Church in Student ministry
- Spiritually qualified on the basis of 1 Timothy 3
- A work-life characterized by servant-leadership
- Commitment to authentic spiritual community in the work environment
- Detail-oriented; possessing significant skills in personal productivity and planning
- Highly relational
- Skilled communicator in both small and large settings
- Able to effectively cast vision for ministry
- Excellence in leading/coaching multiple staff
- Ability to exercise productive accountability
- Systems thinker
- Decision maker with a high value for detailed implementation
- Strong ability to recruit, develop and encourage leaders and volunteers
Ministry Skills and Gifts
- Ministry guided by biblical principles
- Gifted teacher/communicator
- Spiritual gift of leadership
- Servant-heart for staff, volunteers and members of the congregation
- Close kinship in philosophy with Bear Creek Church and, specifically, with the Lead Pastor and Ministries Pastor
Education, Theology and Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college, university or seminary in Christian ministry, theology or related field
- Strong understanding of and commitment to conservative evangelical theology
- Minimum of five years experience (full-time) in similar or related church ministry roles