Shelby Campus Pastor
The mission of Crossroads Community Church is to “Lead People to the Truth that Transforms Lives in North Central Ohio and Around the World.” Crossroads strives to accomplish this mission through three distinct core values: 1. Committed to Glorifying God
2. Connected in Community 3. Called to Share. Crossroads is a dynamic church with people eager for the effective work of God’s Word to transform them. We are experiencing a season of growth and development and have launched an initiative to start new campuses
throughout our region. The Shelby Campus will be our first multi-site campus throughout the region.
The Shelby Campus Pastor will lead, shepherd, and fulfill the core values and strategy of Crossroads Community Church at the Shelby Campus. Specifically, this role oversees all Crossroads Worship Services, leadership teams, team members, assimilation, Campus
Care, and outreach activities at the Shelby Campus. The Campus Pastor will champion Crossroads DNA by dynamically and effectively casting vision for the Shelby Campus and will maximize the effectiveness of the campus by connecting people to the vision and
mission of Crossroads.
The candidate must be able to lead in a variety of settings, a self-starter, an effective communicator, willing to be in the role of secondary preacher/teacher for the campus, one that values teamwork, and a shepherd heart. The candidate must have a passion
for leading leaders by equipping Crossroads leaders at the Shelby Campus and overseeing all aspects of the Campus planning and execution. The candidate must be an extremely intuitive leader, a problem-solver, and able to build campus specific systems. This
position will serve as a member of the church’s Executive Team. Any person interested must have at least a Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Master’s degree preferred), experience teaching/preaching, and experience in Pastoral Ministry.
Crossroads is a contemporary church of approximately 2,400+ and celebrated its 20th anniversary in the fall of 2016. Crossroads is located in Mansfield, Ohio, a city of 50,000 people in a region of 225,000. Shelby is a city about 20 minutes northwest of
Mansfield and has approximately 10,000 people with 7,500 people considered de-churched or un-churched (according to recent studies). Shelby is a small town with a great family feel. It has five beautiful neighborhood parks, a welcoming downtown area, and reputable
Shelby Campus Pastor
The Crossroads Community Church Campus Pastor is to be a man of God, who has ordered his life in compliance with the teaching of Scripture and the example of our Lord. He is to be an example to the believers in personal godliness (1 Timothy 4:12) and to
exemplify God’s requirements for a pastor that includes maintaining a proper Christian home (1 Timothy 3:1-7).
- Must have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, through faith in Him as the Way, Truth, and Life.
- Be fully committed to living a godly life both in public and private.
- Be fully committed to his family by lovingly leading his spouse and children in life and ministry.
- Be willing to join the family of Crossroads Community Church as a member.
- Be committed to the ministry of Crossroads Community Church and see his role as one of shepherding and guiding Crossroads to be fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ.
- Sees himself as a team player, willing to work within the boundaries of the Lead Pastor, elder board, and leaders in the ministry.
Shelby Campus Pastor:
To assist the body of Crossroads Community Church to “lead people to the Truth that transforms lives” by leading and shepherding the Shelby Campus. This position helps fulfill the overall vision and strategy of Crossroads at the Shelby Campus.
Major Points of Description:
- Key strategic leader and ministry architect of the Shelby Campus
- Lead campus communicator and secondary preacher/teacher (preach/teach at both Shelby Campus and/or Park Ave. Campus approximately 10-20 times per year)
- Caring Shepherd of staff, team members, and attendees of the Shelby Campus (this includes wedding and funerals specific to the campus)
- Assures that the strategy and processes of Crossroads are effective at the Shelby Campus. This includes assimilation processes, outreach activities, and campus evaluation
- Serve as a member of the Crossroads Executive Team (Church Vision and Oversight)
- Lead and oversee the Shelby Campus location as an "extension" of the Park Ave. Campus by reproducing the overall vision as well as the spiritual and cultural DNA of the Church.
- Act as primary campus communicator (campus encouragement, announcements, and service movement), and secondary Teaching/Preaching Pastor for Campus/Campuses.
- Manage campus staff in cooperation with Crossroads Executive Team.
- Work with key Executive Staff in order to reproduce ministry at the specific Campus Location. Such ministries include, but are not limited to: Children's, Students’, Worship, Assimilation/Next Steps, Communities at Crossroads, Invitation Events, Pastoral
Care and Service Programming.
- Develop a healthy leadership culture by building and empowering campus teams leaders.
- Pastor the campus by serving as the chief care Pastor and shepherd for the Shelby Campus body.
- Ensures that the strategy and processes of Crossroads are effective at the Shelby Campus. This includes assimilation processes, outreach activities, and campus evaluation.
- Develop and implement discipleship reproduction (leaders developing leaders, groups developing groups).
- Manage and execute the campus budget.
- Submit to the vision and direction of the Lead Pastor. Carry out other duties as assigned by the Lead Pastor (specifically regarding the coordination and facilitation of other service elements and programmed events like baptisms, dedications, weddings,
- Must love and serve Jesus Christ above all others, be mature in their Christian faith, and consider the position a call from God.
- Maintain an authentic and growing walk with Christ through the ongoing spiritual disciplines of Bible reading, prayer, personal worship, fasting, confession, and fellowship.
- Due to the nature of the position we desire the applicant to be married and have a passion for healthy families and relationships.
- Demonstrate excellence in communication and has preaching/teaching as a primary gift.
- Relational skills and an enthusiastic presence for leading a church. Exhibits an ability to engage people from all walks of life.
- Agree with the overall ministry philosophy and direction of Crossroads. Progressive/forward thinking/visionary/self-motivated.
- Have at experience in Pastoral Ministry at a church of 500 or more, preferably a multi-site ministry at a church of 2000 or more, and understand ministry philosophy and processes to help grow the Shelby Campus.
- It would be beneficial but not required that the candidate would have some experience and/or a ministry philosophy of leading teams.
- The applicant should have at least a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field. Master’s level preferred. Supervisory experience in a ministry setting is a must.
- Maintain a high level of excellence in your appearance, work habits, and quality of work performed.
- Organized and able to evaluate effectiveness on many different levels.
Preferred to reside in Shelby, Ohio
Salary Package (compensation based upon experience)