The mission of Mountain Park is to invite the distracted and the disinterested to realize their role in God’s story. The Worship Arts Pastor fulfills this mission by providing hands-on leadership and creative vision to the Worship, Production, and Creative
teams. They are an innovator and initiator who is passionate about building a culture of worship throughout the church and creating opportunities for people to experience God through worship.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Implementation of the MPC vision
- Consistently cast a clear, Christ-centered vision for worship, production, and creativity that mobilizes others to embrace and express the kingdom of God
- Meets weekly with the Senior Pastor to evaluate and plan Sundays and special services that align with the overall vision, objectives, and key deliverables. Comes prepared with agenda items, thoughts, questions, and ideas to maximize the Sunday morning
- Drives and maintains the planning process for an annual calendar of major events and special services (such as baptisms, Christmas Eve, Good Friday, Easter, Mother’s Day, special worship services, date nights, concerts, etc.) that strategically leverage
holidays, community interests, and annual rhythms to fulfill the mission of MPC.
- Participate in sermon series planning.
- Define, document, and track annual, quarterly, and weekly goals for worship, creativity, and production that express the mission and values of MPC.
- Development and management of budgets for worship and production
- Recruit, develop, and maintain a clearly defined Creative Team that researches, imagines, and implements creative elements such as videos, games, skits, interviews, spoken word, testimonies, etc.
- Identifies cultural trends, social issues, and topics that are relevant to our community and incorporates them into services, creative elements, special events, etc.
- Study, research, and network with other churches and/or worship leaders to stay up to date with innovations and trends in worship arts – maintain an ongoing list of ideas that can be referred to at any time
- Establish and manage a consistent, predictable, recurring, process that results in the delivery of one creative element (generally in addition to special music) each week. This could include drama, spoken word, creative video (not announcements), testimonies,
games, interactions with the audience, scripture readings, comic segments (such as a top ten list), interviews, parody songs, and/or performance songs that create a significant “wow” moment for attenders
- Lead regular ongoing meetings with the participation of both the Creative Team and the Lead Pastor to synthesize message content with song selection and creative elements
- Plan and execute special services and creative experiences outside of Sunday such as Good Friday and Christmas Eve
- Innovate new services, programs, and/or events that further MPC’s mission. This includes, but is not limited to, opening our facility to touring artists
- Provide expertise in hosting large-scale events and oversee auditorium rentals to ensure that events are properly coordinated and any musical and/or AVL needs are met.
- Write and develop content as needed for emails, promotional pieces, website, etc.
- Collaborate with Lead Pastor on the overall vision for the worship experiences
- Build a culture of participatory worship by, among other things, creating worship experiences where a significant majority of the congregation is actively participating.
- Set the vibe, tone, and atmosphere for each service; owns the room by thinking through and coordinating all elements (music, stage sets, announcements, offering, lighting, creative elements, décor, environmental projection, etc.) and weaving them together
to create a seamless experience that supports the message content.
- Primary worship leader for Sunday services
- Leverage environmental elements including sound, stage lighting, house lighting, acoustics, décor, stage set etc. to create an environment of worship that focuses attenders on the reality of God and moves them into an attitude of worship.
- Take initiative in adding, replacing, and repairing technical equipment - as well as making improvements to the room décor and overall environment.
- Consistently increase the overall quality of the worship experience to ensure that we are on a consistent upward trend.
- Recruit, develop, and disciple worship leaders who effectively move the congregation to worship through musical excellence and authentic spiritual leadership.
- Recruit, develop, and disciple musicians and vocalists who are unified by their love for Jesus and motivated to lead the congregation in worship.
- Recruit, develop, and disciple production teams who understand their role in building a culture and environment of worship.
- Partner with other ministries (Children’s, Students, Men’s, Women’s. etc.) to ensure high quality worship opportunities outside of adult Sunday services.
- Create a “track record” with a list of MPC songs – adding new songs when appropriate and maximizing their usage
- Articulate clear expectations to team members that include written documentation
- Establish a written development plan for each staff member that includes quarterly and annual goals with measurable results.
- Regularly evaluate the performance of staff; provide coaching and discipline as needed
- Ensure that volunteers are being regularly evaluated, appreciated, cared for, and coached for improved performance and spiritual growth.
- Develop and maintain multiple worship teams.
- Develop “Hosts” for Sunday morning who can communicate necessary information in an engaging manner.
- Respond to emails, phone calls, and texts in a timely manner
- Required: Bachelor’s degree
- Leading worship experiences (5 years)
- Proven experience managing staff including hiring/firing (3 years)
- Building and growing effective teams and team leaders (3 years)
- Strategic planning of services and events (3 years)
- Involvement in church/ministry communications and/or marketing (3 years)
- Management and coordination of production elements, including lights, sound, environmental projection, stage sets, etc. (3 years)
- Preferred Experience
- Experience in a church with adult attendance of 900+ (5 years)
- Proven experience in leadership in church with adult attendance of 900+ (3 years)
- General maintenance and repair of production equipment (3 years)
- Lighting, sound, media, and set design for church, theatre, concerts, etc. (2 years)
- Involvement in developing/managing communication strategies, systems, and processes (3 years)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND/OR ABILITY
- Proficient computer skills, experience with or ability to learn Mac software
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Effective communicator and relationship building skills
- Must be approachable, liked, and trusted by the staff.
- Proficient problem-solver who is able to manage multiple teams and priorities simultaneously. This person must have the confidence and ingenuity to complete top priority tasks.
- Sets goals and evaluates performance for self, staff, and volunteers.
- General knowledge of, or willingness to research and learn, marketing strategies – especially web based and social media.
Essential Qualities for growing in your role
Authentic dedication to spiritual maturity in Christ with a track record of Christ-like behavior, including:
- Knowing the Story
- Trusting the Author
- Living with Margin
- Thriving in my Family Role
- Thriving in my Kingdom Role
- Safe yet Dangerous
- Fun yet Intentional
- Confident yet Humble
Commitment to MPC’s mission, values, and leadership. This includes embracing and encouraging a culture that is:
- Personal drive to be a self-starter with initiative and a strong work ethic
- Enthusiasm and joy – a naturally “bright” face and smile
- Emotional and relational intelligence
- Personal pursuit of healthy biblical relationships
- Ability to collaborate and be team player
- Positive attitude that motivates and encourages others
- Additional projects and responsibilities may be necessary as requested by the Senior or Executive Pastor
- Job descriptions at MPC are fluid - meaning this job description represents the minimum expectations when it comes to tasks and areas you may be working in. The reality is that we work as a team and there are numerous other tasks that will require the participation
of the person holding this position
This is not an all-inclusive document. Additional duties, expectations, demands, etc. may be added or changed to this document on an as-needed basis in order to meet organizational needs.
Mountain Park Church is an Equal Opportunity Employer