Northside Baptist Church
Title: Family Pastor
Reports to: Executive Pastor
Direct Reports: All Preschool, Children, Students, College, Young and Median Adult Church Staff
The Family Pastor will provide dynamic leadership, direction and supervision for the development and coordination of discipleship-focused ministry to families, including children through college students. Family ministry will focus on inspiring and equipping
married couples and parents to fulfill the biblical plan for the family and to foster gospel-centered environments in the home, the community and the world.
- Lead, coach and manage the Family Ministries Team which consists of a Preschool Ministry Director, a Children’s Minister, a Student Minister, and Lay Leaders in the College, Young and Median Adult Ministry Areas. These are the leaders who coordinate and
provide support and discipleship for children, students and families within and beyond the congregation.
- Provide the vision and leadership for a comprehensive ministry plan, a system of ministry logistics and corresponding environments that establish and advance biblical discipleship for married couples, parents, children and students and to attract families
outside the church.
- Oversee internal and external communication and promotion of children, student and family outreach, education, ministry, support, and worship opportunities.
- Ensure that all weekend and weekday family ministry environments are attractional and family-friendly.
- This includes, but is not limited to…
- Strategic Ministry Programming
- The Building of Strong, Loyal and Consistent Leaders
- Curriculum that is age-appropriate founded in sound biblical doctrine
- Energizing and Age-appropriate Events
- Coordinate essential functions with the Executive Pastor and attend all ministry staff meetings to establish and grow a family ministry that reflects and fulfills the essential mission and vision of Northside Baptist Church.
- Support and coordinate opportunities for family engagement in local, national and international mission events and trips in cooperation with ministry staff assigned to direct local mission efforts, church planting partnerships and global missions.
- Direct and oversee the development and implementation of all small groups ministries and all corresponding discipleship ministries focusing on couples, parents, married adults and single parents in keeping with the essential vision and emerging needs of
family ministry at Northside Baptist Church.
- Develop the content of both short and long-range family ministry opportunities and environments in cooperation with the overall vision and strategic focus of the Senior Pastor and the ministry staff.
- Build a ministry toolbox to equip parents in their primary role of making disciples in their home.
- Recruit, encourage and equip volunteer leaders to fulfill the specific and vital roles necessary to establish and grow a healthy, vibrant family ministry.
- Oversee accountability to the Family Ministry Categories of the Northside Baptist Church Operating Budget.
- Ensure that all policies within the ministries prioritize safety and care for those who attend our environments.
Bachelor's Degree in related field. Minimum 5 or more years experience in churches of 500 or more.
This position description is not intended, and should not be construed, to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of those essential job duties.
Other responsibilities may be assigned as needed.