The role of the Connect Pastor is to oversee the connection and spiritual growth strategy of Grace Fellowship Church under the direction and leadership of the Executive Pastor. This will require a firm grasp of the beliefs, values, and strategy of and the
ability to align staff and key leadership teams with its mission, vision, and values. The Connect Pastor will lead guests to a genuine sense of belonging, involvement and spiritual growth at Grace by meeting people where they are and leading them to next steps.
They will facilitate relational connection and spiritual growth of adults through weekend guest services, groups, volunteer teams, and connection of new members.
Position Mission Statement:
"To effectively provide direction, leadership, and implementation of the Connect Ministry including oversight of the connection and spiritual growth strategy for Grace Fellowship.”
Position addresses target areas of:
- First Impressions: From arriving on our property to leaving after service, attempting to make every Sunday a “Wow” that guests and attendees will be able to take the next step in their faith journey.
- Next Steps: Often serving as the first point of “connection”, helping guests and attendees to actively pursue a deeper connection into Grace Fellowship.
- Small Groups: To continue growing larger, we must grow smaller through small groups. This point of connection is of the utmost importance as we dive deeper into our faith, we serve together, and develop a true kingdom mindset.
- Help lead and walk alongside guests (yourself and your team) to a genuine sense of belonging and involvement at Grace Fellowship.
- Recruit, train and lead volunteers in all areas of “First Impressions” which includes Connection Point, Greeters, Ushers, Coffee Team, Security, etc.
- As individuals make the decision to further their involvement at Grace Fellowship help them to learn more about Grace (Grace 101), get baptized, and become an owner (Grace 201, Membership).
- Recruit, train and lead volunteers to enhance and strengthen our Next Steps ministry to help individuals connect at Grace.
- Co-lead various classes to help give New Here guests a staff point of contact.
- Help individuals make the next step into small groups where they can grow deeper in their faith, serve within our community, and receive pastoral care from their small group leader and other members.
- Recruit, train and lead volunteers to lead small groups throughout all areas of Grace Fellowship.
Position Characteristics and Qualifications:
- Full-time position (40 hours/week), Sunday - Thursday
- Bachelor’s degree required, ministry concentration preferred.
- Reports to the Executive Pastor for Direction, Coaching, and Development.
- Will direct, guide and lead the Connect Ministry for Grace Fellowship Church.
- Demonstrates Christian personality and lifestyle.
- Communicates effectively, orally and written.
- Exhibits willingness to cooperate and function effectively in team ministry.
- Demonstrates leadership skills.
- Has the ability to coordinate and delegate effectively.
- Spends intentional time with GFC staff, volunteers and members building relationships, serving, and sharing giftedness.
At least 2 years of experience in ministry leadership is preferred (This could be lay ministry experience with a focus in small groups, coaching, and mentoring or church staff experience in a church of a similar size).
The ideal candidate for this role will be highly capable, with the ability to effectively lead individuals, teams, and groups. Although the role of Connect Pastor is multifaceted in nature, this individual will essentially lead small group leaders
as a coach, be organized and administrative, and develop spiritual pathways for adults at Grace.
Calling - A personal sense of calling to Ministry
Character - Personal integrity in all areas of Life and Ministry
Competence - Skilled in organizational leadership, implementation, coaching, and discipleship
Chemistry - Cooperation with the staff and volunteers in fulfilling the mission of the church, with a spirit of joy
- Organizing: Able to gather and organize resources (people, funding, material, and support) to get things done; orchestrates multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently.
- Planning: Accurately assesses the length and difficulty of a project; sets objectives and goals; breaks down work into process steps; develops schedules and task/people assignments; anticipates and adjusts for problems and road blocks; measures performance
against goals; evaluates results.
- Managing vision and purpose: Articulates and supports the vision and mission of Grace Fellowship Church; communicates a compelling and inspired vision for ministry; talks beyond the here and now to a larger sense of purpose; creates a compelling vision
of possibility, hope and optimism; helps others to own the vision.
- Managing conflict: Deals with problems quickly and directly; steps up to conflict, seeing them as opportunities; reads situations quickly; focused when listening; settles disputes collaboratively and equitably; finds common ground and gets cooperation.
- Interpersonal relationship: Relates well to all kinds of people, inside and outside the congregation; builds appropriate rapport; builds effective and constructive relationships; balances team and individual responsibilities; gives and welcomes feedback;
uses diplomacy and tact; is regarded as a team player.
- Trust and integrity: Is widely trusted; seen as direct and truthful; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; adheres to an appropriate and effective set of core values during good and bad times; acts in line with those values; practices what he or she teaches.
- Dependability: Is self-motivated and comfortable taking initiative. Reports to work promptly at scheduled times. Accomplishes the assigned duties as described in the job description for the position.
- Safety and Security: Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
- Computer Skills: Performs certain tasks on the computer to successfully accomplish the job.
The above is intended to describe the general content and requirement for performance of this job. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities, or requirements.
Grace Fellowship Church Overview:
With a 20-year legacy of impact, Grace Fellowship Church exists to fully connect people to God, His church, and the world. Distinctly known for its inter-generational congregation, dynamic pastoral leadership, relationship approachability, and
vibrant children’s programming, GFC offers both an inclusive and family-oriented environment to all who attend.
Grace Fellowship Church celebrated its 25th anniversary last fall as they fondly commemorate a heritage that epitomizes God’s faithfulness since its inception in 1992. What began with 35 members in a school gymnasium has grown into a 40-acre campus
of 750+ in regular weekend attendance.
Led by dominant core values of relevant teaching, practical application, relationships, and generosity, GFC looks forward to its next 25 years of continued influence in the region of DeMotte, and beyond.
To apply please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.