We are a Conservative Baptist Church in Battle Ground, Washington. Battle Ground is a rural/suburban area. We have two high schools in our school district. Our church sits between two schools and is near both Battle Ground High School and the middle school.
Our current youth pastor has accepted a senior pastor position after seven years of faithful ministry.
Our salary is between $36,000 and $42,000 a year. We do not offer benefits, but we do have two weeks paid vacation to start with. Three weeks paid vacation is available after the fifth year. Several in our church use medishare (http://medishareplan.com/Landing05012018.aspx)
and have found this to be a lot more reasonable in cost than insurance.
Our church has 250 in attendance weekly and we have around 35 students involved with youth group. Our church is conservative theologically. We hold to a high view of Scripture and the senior pastor leans reformed in his theology.
We are looking for someone who has a heart for youth ministry and would be willing to commit to at least three years, but we would be grateful if they stayed longer. Ideally, the youth pastor will be married.
1. Develop and implement ministries that attract youth to Christ and promote spiritual growth.
a. Oversee weekly youth fellowship group
b. Oversee weekly youth discipleship training Sunday school class
c. Plan and lead regular meetings with youth leadership team
2. Plan and coordinate special events that touch all youth at various levels of spiritual maturity.
a. Plan and lead short-term missions trips
b. Plan and lead annual youth retreat
c. Organize an annual youth conference
3. Encourage participation of students into the life of the congregation as active participants of the church family.
4. Develop healthy relationships with parents and guardians of all youth, providing resources for them to assist in their growth as Christian parents and to counsel with them when needed.
5. Develop and administer a program of active outreach to the youth of the community.
6. Develop and administer a program for follow-up with youth visitors and their parents.
7. Recruit, train, equip and lead church adults & students to work within the youth programs
8. Develop and implement an on-going evaluation process for the effectiveness of the middle and high school ministries.
9. Participate as an active member of the pastoral staff in pastor/deacon meetings.
10. Attend community outreach events and meetings in support of ministries at BGBC (such as members’ meetings, council meetings, VBS, Community Easter Egg Hunt etc.)
11. Participate in Sunday worship services under the leadership of the Senior Pastor, including, but not limited to, preaching.
12. Assist with other duties as assigned by the pastoral staff.
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org