Executive Director - Adult Ministry & Discipleship
Reports to: Executive Pastor
The Executive Director is responsible for implementing the strategy and direction of the adult ministries and discipleship functions for the church, consistent with Hope’s mission and vision. This position serves as a member of the church’s executive team.
The Executive Director leads people into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ by leading and managing the adult ministries and discipleship functions of the church to provide excellent and relevant spiritual growth opportunities and experiences. The
Executive Director works locally and globally to build a culture of disciple-making and spiritual formation. This includes planning, design, development, and production of content, curriculum, and processes that insure the church is making disciples who make
Key Result Area 1: Develop and implement learning and discipleship opportunities that lead the congregation toward spiritual maturity and a culture of disciples making disciples.
Key Result Area 2: Lead and direct the Group Life function assimilating people into small groups, helping people to grow in their knowledge of God, their ability to share their faith, and “do life together” in a community of faith.
Key Result Area 3: Lead and direct the College Ministry to connect with college students and young professionals, establishing them in the faith.
Key Result Area 4: Lead and direct the Global Hope function to partner with key ministries around the world for Kingdom impact.
Key Result Area 5: Provide for the spiritual and theological growth of the Hope staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively with others in a team environment.
- Influence others with and without direct reporting responsibility.
- Work closely with the Lead Pastor and Executive Leadership Team to carry out the vision, mission and strategy for church growth and Kingdom impact.
- Assist the department members in the completion of their key projects by resourcing and providing direction and feedback for ministry excellence
- Develop, submit, and maintain yearly adult ministry & discipleship budgets and plans
- Develop monthly initiative plans and long range strategic development goals as agree upon with the Executive Leadership Team
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience as a staff member in a ministry leadership capacity, preferably in a large, multi-site church.
- Bachelor’s degree aligned with the role is required; Master’s degree is preferred.
- Theological training preferred; strong knowledge of the Bible and theological application is required.
- Interpersonal / relational skills
- Positive and encouraging
- Coaching and developing
- Critical and strategic thinking
- Leader and influencer
- Flexible and adaptable
Fully committed follower of Christ whose beliefs are consistent with Hope Community Church’s statement of faith, vision and mission statements. Lives a life that is consistent with Hope’s staff values.
Personality and giftedness are aligned with the role. Known to be a person of impeccable character; and one with a strong ability to serve, encourage, and develop others as evidenced through:
- Being an approachable and accessible leader and influencer;
- A visionary and change agent who is humbly self-directed;
- Possesses a healthy sense of humor and maintain a high degree ofprofessionalism;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Demonstrates a positive can-do attitude; takes initiative;
- Integrity of personal work habits and results;
- Demonstrated relational skills and high value of people;
- Fostering a healthy and amiable spiritual environment for the team;
- Ability to discern needs and respond appropriately.
For more details: https://gethope.net/profile/