Positional Overview and Environment:
First Christian is the fastest growing church in our region located in Northwest Tennessee about 2 hours north of Memphis. We are a highly contemporary and creative non-denominational church seeking an experienced Children’s Pastor to lead and develop our
children ministry team (birth-5th grade) with particular emphasis in birth-3rd. We are a staff led church with a dynamic vision focused on practical outreach, intentional discipleship, and creating experiences that help any person, regardless
of their background, take another step in their journey of faith. Due to our explosive growth, we will begin construction of a new state of the art facility near the beginning of next year. We are known in our community to have a casual atmosphere but a
serious faith. Our passion for Jesus Christ and loving His people is unshakable. The vision of FCC is to help every person in our community KNOW God, FIND Freedom, DISCOVER Purpose, and MAKE a Difference. Because we value the chemistry and culture of our
existing team (19 staff), the ideal candidate will be highly relational, visionary, extremely positive, have a desperate love for God, be an exceptional communicator and an excellent leader of leaders.
Our new Children’s Pastor will:
- Further develop and grow our children ministry by training volunteers, increasing the scope of what we do environmentally in our children services, coordinating events and trainings, and working with families to develop a team approach to the growth of
children; whole family ministry focus.
- Create dynamic worship services that focus on genuine life change, a highly relevant atmosphere (utilizing advanced media, lighting, creative art and worship) and a loving and safe community that children can build lasting relationships in.
- Develop the existing children ministry staff which includes our 4-5th director and potential pre-school and nursery directors, as well as working closely with our family ministry creative art director.
- Work closely with our community schools to develop a healthy relationship of service and encouragement allowing us to serve them more directly and gain relationship.
- Broaden the community outreach to children and their families through events, relational service, and creating a culture where kids and families desire to invite others.
- Work closely with the student ministry team to develop healthy systems for kids who are moving into the Jr. High Ministry.
- Partner with the Executive Pastor of Family Ministries to create a dynamic, intentional, and relevant children’s ministry experience, seeking new ways to advance the ministry for exponential growth.
- Serve as part of the pastoral team to provide general church leadership, counseling, or “on-call” ministry and work with the overall team in assimilating new families.
- Attend monthly staff, ministry development, creative and weekly prayer meetings.
Our new Children’s Pastor will meet the following qualifications:
- Meet the Scriptural requirements for church leadership found in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1.
- Be in agreement with our statement of beliefs, mission, and vision.
- Have a proven track record of successful and dynamic ministry in full time large settings (500 +).
- Have a strong work ethic and high level of initiative to lead with faith, wisdom, and a “can do attitude” that produces results.
- A dynamic visionary who can effectively communicate the mission and vision of the church and its Lead Pastor and who leads with a heart to truly serve and develop the people around him or her.
- Have experience as a member of a larger staff (5+) as well as experience in highly contemporary and dynamic service cultures.
- Ideal candidate will have experience in worship leading, and the use of the arts and advanced media.
- Experience teaching in large services as well as smaller venues such as leadership training, Bible studies, small groups, leadership training seminars or outreach events.
- Be open to change and the shifting of responsibilities as growth and ministry development.
Our new Children’s Pastor will value:
- Excellence in all things because excellence honors God and inspires people.
- An atmosphere of personal growth and development with a willingness to be stretched, molded and sharpened by other staff members.
- The principles of spiritual authority and submitting one to another.
- A high-energy team environment with partners in ministry who desire to live life together and commit to long term ministry with each other.
- An atmosphere that is fun, energetic, relational and values clear and open communication.
- The use of many art forms to express the message of the gospel as our message will never change but our methods must.
- Making disciples of new believers and children and challenging growing believers and children to new levels of leadership.
- Personal spiritual growth and ministry development.
- Family oriented children’s ministry.
- Thinking outside the box and approaching problems and growth challenges with highly creative and unique perspectives.
- Servant leadership and the willingness to do whatever is needed and whatever it takes at whatever the cost.
The following items are required to be considered for this position:
Please send a resume, a one-page philosophy of your ministry, picture, and a link to 2 video’s that provides an example of teaching, worship environments you lead in, and others things you have created that might be relevant. Email these as attachments
to our Executive Assistant- Holly McCall at firstname.lastname@example.org