IMPORTANT: Please do not apply through the Church Staffing Website. You will
not receive any follow up by applying through the Church Staffing Website.
To view the full online profile visit: https://slingshotgroup.qwilr.com/First-Baptist-Dallas-Children-s-Music-Specialist-7ZmAXMS0O6FI
Church: First Baptist Dallas, Dallas, TX
Position: Kid's Worship and Fine Arts Director
Worship Style – Traditional
Denomination – Southern Baptist
Church size – 12,000
The cornerstone of First Baptist Dallas was laid in 1890 by a small group of believers determined to begin a Baptist church in downtown Dallas. Under the leadership of legendary pastors and teachers like George W. Truett and W.A. Criswell, First Baptist
Dallas became an anchor in the Christian community, a church known for a firm foundation, built on the Bible.
As a beacon of hope for Dallas and the world, First Baptist Dallas is in the heart of downtown Dallas. With now over 12,000 members FBD influence and reachgrowseveryday. The church, considered influential among evangelical Christians in the United States,
also owns and operates a school, a radio station, and supports Dallas Life, a mission for the homeless on the southern edge of Downtown Dallas. Senior Pastor, Robert Jeffress, recently led the congregation in a $135 million campaign to re-create its downtown
campus. The project is the largest in modern church history. and serves as a “spiritual oasis” covering six blocks of downtown Dallas.
First Dallas is looking for a leader with the gift to ‘fun’ the kids into learning about music and the experience to train up those with a gift themselves to the next level. Along with solid elementary music experience, this person needs to have organizational
and business management skills and the ability to collaborate with the other choral directors, especially Preschool. This program has a fantastic volunteer base and the new leader will have the opportunity to continue the tradition.
With a heart for this next Children’s Worship Leader to not only be a musician but a ‘minister’ passionate about ministry, First Dallas Music ministry desires to Grow Christians, Grow Worshipers and Grow Musicians. The full-time role of the Children’s Music
Specialist includes oversight for the elementary choir ages 1st- 6th, with two school-year musical productions, a role in the summer music camps and the lead for the Sunday morning Worship for Children’s ministry.
Elementary choir – meets Sunday evenings during the school year, with up to 145 members this choir has a wide range of experience in its participants. With opportunities for specialty breakouts coupled with the choir experience, it brings
a wide range of kids and leaders to the program.
The two school year productions include a Fall and Spring show. The Fall production is a collaboration of the whole music department for Christmas. With the annual title of “A Night of Christmas,” the content changes from year to year. The Spring musical
poses an opportunity for an original musical or an adaptation of an existing show with solely the elementary choir.
The summer music camp is a one week program for approximately 85 kids with a creative production to display the learnings of the week. Up from 75 kids in previous summers, this program is primed to continue to grow.
On Sunday mornings, the Children’s Music Specialist will lead the Large Group Worship Assembly twice during the first service and occasionally during the second service. This role will include teaching a biblical lesson as well as leading
music. It is an extension of the Children’s music program collaborating with the Children’s ministry.
- Elementary Choir: weekly rehearsals, productions and service participation
- Children’s Worship Leader: Lead Group worship assembly, music and teaching
- Summer Arts Camp: one week music camp with culminating performance
- Equip, train and lead a part time admin assistant, who also serves the Preschool Music Specialist
- Recruit, develop, lead, manage and support volunteer leaders for all areas
- Plan, promote, and direct musical productions
- Collaborate with all choirs for Fall/Christmas production
- Attend staff and teaching meetings to develop personal skills and seek to study and apply God’s Word in ministry
- Prepare and manage the annual Kids Worship Arts budgets
- Utilize First Dallas procedures, protocols, and systems to complete work
- Strong ministerial leader to children
- Strong leadership skills in the music department
- High degree of ethics and integrity; life displays Christian and Biblical principles
- Exceptional communication skills with children, volunteers and parents
- Choral expertise
- Able to recruit, train and lead volunteers
- Values and promotes leadership development
- Dependable – reachable and responsive
- Minimum three years of experience working with elementary students
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or equivalent possibly in music but open to similar fields, relevant work experience
Send your current resume to Nancy Matossian - firstname.lastname@example.org