Student Ministry Pastor Position
Student Ministry Pastor is responsible for all aspects of ensuring the spiritual development of High School/Middle School students (Grades 6 through 12). This includes leadership of weekly programs and periodic special events (camps, conferences, trips,
service projects, etc.).
Essential Job Functions
- Lead Team of volunteers in the creation and operation of a high school/middle school ministry, including weekly services and routine special events.
- Plan and execute biblically accurate, culturally relevant, and high energy services for high school/middle school students.
- Create and manage a high school/middle school student ministry calendar that will drive all the activities and teaching of the ministry.
- Direct the recruitment, training, and development of volunteers as needed to staff weekly programs and special events.
- Develop and disciple a group of student leaders.
- Implement student registration, program management, and security policies/practices in support of weekly services and special events.
- Design, plan, and conduct periodic parent meetings in order to meet the needs and expectations of families attending the church.
- Lead the creative use and proactive upkeep of student ministry area and grounds.
- Develop an annual budget for high school/middle school student ministry and manage spending to budget.
- Function as a member of the church’s pastoral staff performing baptism services and rotation in the Main stage speaking schedule.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
This position requires 2 to 3 years’ experience as a staff member in a student ministry leadership capacity. Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree in Biblical studies or related field is required. (Extensive ministry experience, in some cases, can be substituted.)
The successful individual will be a strong leader with solid work ethic, possessing a passion for teaching students about God and the ability to administrate as a department head. A working knowledge of creative programming related to student programs and
special events is a real plus.