Foundry United Methodist Church
Reports to: Director of Financial Services
Directly Supervises: N/A
Date Prepared: 4/7/18
Last Date Revised: 3/25/18
The Financial Assistant is responsible for assisting the Director of Finance with the day-to-day responsibilities of the finance department.
Work Days: Monday – Friday, 10:00am – 2:00pm (20 hours)
Essential Functions – Accounts Payable
- Enter and pay invoices/vouchers/expense reimbursements on a weekly basis.
- Enter credit card expenses on a monthly basis.
- File checks stubs/vouchers in their respective accounts payable folders.
- Maintain vender folders – creating new folders when necessary and ensuring that files are kept current.
Essential Functions – Weekly Contribution Postings
- Verify and enter all church donations into the accounting system (ACS)
- Prepare weekly courier pickup for cash deposits
- Enter all online donations
- College Degree and/or 3 – 5 years’ experience in relevant field
- Knowledge of financial procedures, ACS Accounting Software preferred
- Knowledge of computers and relevant software applications
- Keyboard skills
- Frequently required to stand and walk.
- Regularly required to sit; to use hands to handle or feel; to reach with hands and arms; to talk or hear.
- Occasionally required to climb, stoop or kneel.
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 10 lbs and occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, ability to adjust focus.
- Mission Ownership: Demonstrates understanding and full support of the ministry, mission, goals and Statement of Call of Foundry United Methodist Church.
- Interpersonal Skills:
- Display a level of maturity which will ensure that appropriate boundaries are in place and that he/she will adhere to principles of staff covenant with specific attention to honoring privacy, and confidentiality of both staff and congregation, and abiding
by Safe Sanctuary policies as applicable and necessary.
- Exemplify a commitment to diversity and inclusion in all areas of the workplace.
- Demonstrate a positive, engaging, and respectful attitude at all times.
- Demonstrate a willingness to accept additional responsibilities and duties.
- Team Building Skills: Participate in staff meetings and team planning activities.
- Organization Skills: Demonstrate the ability to:
- Focus, prioritize, schedule and manage multiple projects and tasks.
- Develop and complete short-term and long-term goals and action plans that are aligned with overall goals of the church.
- Meet commitments on time.
- Communicates effectively in written and spoken communication.
- Technical Skills: Possess the ability and willingness to:
- Experience using ACS Software preferred
- Operate common office equipment.
- Understand as well as be able to implement and convey essential computer programs.
- Learn new programs/equipment and recommend appropriate processes.
- Spiritual Maturity: Attentive to personal spiritual development, discipline, and growth.