Evangelical Christian Church is looking for an Communications Coordinator (CC) who is detail-oriented, organized, creative, with proficient computer skills. The CC will work with our church database, maintaining our assimilation records and strategies,
and tracking attendees through our follow-up programs. They will help with the overall management of the church calendars and oversee the communications components of the church.
The CC works directly under the immediate supervision of the Lead Pastor. Furthermore, the CC is responsible to the Elders.
1. Manage the church calendar making sure necessary decisions are made on time.
2. Track the development of an event – ensure the event has all necessary administrative parts.
3. Manage the Experiences for the Sunday Morning worship event.
4. Manage office personnel ensuring all administrative tasks for the staff and church are completed.
- Create and maintain a visual identity or brand that communicates the church mission and vision clearly and consistently across all ministry programs.
- Effectively collaborate with staff and ministry leaders to execute a strategic communications plan in alignment with the church calendar and motivating target audiences to engage with church events, serving opportunities, classes, and programs.
1. Project manage all print communications (including but not limited to executing a comprehensive communications strategy, working with vendors, managing production timelines, etc.).
2. Lead design process for weekly bulletin and other service print needs.
3. Lead design process for all ministry promotional campaigns.
4. Oversee major special events promotions.
1. Website management and content development.
2. Social Media
a. Cultivate and maintain a social media presence through a variety of channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.).
b. Plan, design, and produce social media content.
3. Service Graphics
a. Oversee creative process for designing and executing graphics packages for services and special events.
b. Design graphics used throughout the campus as well as slides used during various special events.
Project manage all communications deliverables to completion, either through use of outside vendors or in-house strategy.
Oversee and build volunteer-based teams, such as photo and video production.
Administration of Small Groups
1. Organize and maintain the small group information from the church database.
2. Help develop and maintain a system designed to track regular small group attendance for all age groups.
3. Keep effective communication between the church office and small group leadership.
a. Inform small group leaders of new guests assigned to their group and track the leader’s follow-up.
b. follow-up with small group leaders to ensure adherence to follow-up strategy.
4. Track instructional curriculum in all small groups.
1. Attend all staff meetings and staff functions.
2/ Assist as needed under the direction of the Lead Pastor.
- Project management
- Highly organized; able to prioritize and manage multiple competing projects at once.
- Detail-oriented and focused; strives to complete all projects with a high level of excellence
- Basic project management skillsets.
- Marketing skills; a degree or professional experience in Communications, Marketing, Business, or Writing is preferred.
- Maintains a cool head and a positive attitude in a fast-paced environment.
- Exhibits strong interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate and build influence.
- Basic understanding of how databases work and quick study with new computer programs.
- Detail-oriented, focused, multi-tasker, and able to function well in a church office.
- All staff is expected to live a life of Christian distinction and holy character. The interpretation of this life of Christian distinction and holy character is based solely upon the Church Elders understanding and application of Scripture.
- Applicant must pass all appropriate background checks.
- There is a 90 probationary period starting from the start date.
- This is a salaried position with total annual compensation of $30-35K.
- This position offers health insurance as required by law. Proof of coverage must be provided by anyone declining health insurance coverage.
- Two weeks paid vacation to start.
- 10 paid holidays and 3 personal/sick days.