First Church Youth Director
200 E North St
Butler, PA 16001
Position Title: Youth Director
Department: Program Ministries
Supervisor: Senior Pastor
Status: Full Time
Campus: Central Services
Mission: to be a growing community of believers where Jesus Christ changes lives
Vision: to grow people into Christ-like maturity through worship, growth, and serving
The Youth Director will contribute to First Church’s mission of Christ-centered transformation by engaging youth and their families of Butler and First Church through relationship building and cultivating stimulating environments of worship, discipleship,
and serving. He/she will champion First Church’s mission and lead our congregations in investing in our community's and church's youth.
Summary of the Position:
The Youth Director will cultivate significant spiritual relationships and lead and manage all areas of Youth Ministries during the week and weekend programming and events.
Specific List of Responsibilities:
- Provide engaging teaching that helps youth to understand and embrace biblical truth of the gospel in our Sunday evening worship environment for 7th to 12th graders.
- Work with the Crossfire Worship Leader in order to ensure an authentic and engaging worship experience for the Youth program.
- Establish meaningful, personal relationships with the youth in the congregation and community by investing in their lives (i.e., going to their sporting events/concerts/school plays, going out to eat, going bowling, etc.).
- Work effectively with parents to foster support of the youth program, including ongoing communication to provide opportunities for input, participation, and feedback.
- Oversee the recruiting, scheduling, and development of adults to serve on the Youth Ministry Team in the areas of weekly Bible studies, events, mission trips, and youth group.
- Plan, organize, and oversee local serving opportunities, annual mission trips, and creative events that youth will want to attend.
- Plan and oversee the Confirmation process and include our pastors as appropriate.
- Work alongside other church staff members as a team player, attending staff meetings, and sharing in the vision and mission of First Church.
- Champion First Church’s mission and vision across the whole church and specifically for youth and their families.
Meetings to attend:
- Weekly First Church All-Staff Meeting – Tuesday 9AM
- Quarterly, and as needed, meetings with Supervisor
- Spiritual gift mix of some or all of the following: Leadership, Administration, Shepherd, Mercy
- Ability to develop and lead teams of volunteers
- Ability to convey biblical knowledge and the gospel to youth in relevant ways
- Ability to be a team player and adapt to changing circumstances
- Ability to function within a team structure and work independently on individual tasks
- Ability to lead multiple projects simultaneously
- Willingness to work with other First Church departments to coordinate and execute projects/events
- Promotes a positive attitude and working environment
- Strong organizational and time management skills and pursuit of excellence through attention to detail
- Possesses excellent people skills
- Education: High school diploma required, college degree desired
- Experience: Minimum one year experience in Christian Youth Ministry or related field
- Lifting sound equipment up to 50lbs
Personal and Spiritual Requirements:
- Professes Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior
- Maintains personal, spiritual, and professional growth
- Models standards and expectations of leaders within First Church, including:
- Participate in authentic community (meaningful accountability)
- Regular attendance all worship services
At First Church, we value working with people to accomplish goals, as well as personally contributing at a level that requires God’s help. By maintaining these priorities, we will put ourselves in a position where we can continue to strive for excellence
and value reaching lost people for Christ and helping people find a deep life in Christ.
I acknowledge that I have read the above job description and can perform the essential functions of the position with or without accommodation.