200 E North Street
Butler, PA 16001
Position Title: Worship Leader
Department: Program Ministries
Supervisor: Crossfire Campus Pastor
Status: Full Time
First Church’s Mission: to be a growing community of believers where Jesus Christ changes lives
Vision: to grow people into Christ-like maturity through worship, growth, and serving
The Crossfire Worship Leader will contribute to First Church’s mission of Christ-centered transformation by engaging people through dynamic music, modern worship, and the overall environment at our Crossfire Campus.
Summary of the Position:
The Crossfire Worship Leader will plan, schedule, and lead the worship experience at our Sunday morning worship service and other special events that will enhance the overall Christ-centered and engaging environment at our Crossfire Campus. She/he will also
lead worship at the First Church Youth Ministries program.
Specific List of Responsibilities:
- Crossfire Campus Weekend Services
- Plan, schedule, coordinate, and lead the operation of Sunday morning worship service, and various others service (i.e., Christmas Eve, Good Friday, VBS, etc.)
- Oversee the recruiting, scheduling, and development of instrumentalists, vocalists, sound technicians, light technicians, and computer technicians at Crossfire through one-on-one skill training and/or other teaching methods.
- Prepare for and holds rehearsals for the worship team during the week and Sunday morning.
- Music charts, stage design, sequence tracks/loops, lightning, and sound set up.
- Lead all teams through relational outings, team devotional times and other methods of spiritual growth.
- Work closely with the Crossfire Campus Pastor to ensure the Crossfire Campus building is being effectively used throughout the year and that the overall weekend experience is inviting and engaging to current and new people.
- Champion First Church’s mission and vision across the whole church and specifically in the context of the Crossfire Campus.
- First Church Youth Ministries
- Oversee the recruiting, scheduling, and development of our youth worship team(s).
- Prepare and hold rehearsal for the youth worship team before youth group.
- Lead worship/music at the Sunday evening Youth Ministries program alongside youth worship team.
- Meets weekly with the Crossfire Campus Pastor and Youth Director and associated staff for planning worship services and assisting with creative elements/programming.
- Performs other duties requested by the Crossfire Campus Pastor.
Meetings to attend:
- Weekly Departmental/Weekend Review meeting – Currently Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10 AM
- Weekly Rehearsal Meeting – Currently Wednesdays 630PM (subject to change)
- Weekly First Church All-Staff Meeting – Tuesday 9AM
- Vocal excellence with the ability to play guitar and/or piano
- Spiritual gift mix of some or all of the following: Leadership, Administration, Music, Prayer
- Ability to develop and lead teams of volunteers
- Ability to convey knowledge of worship to others
- Ability to weave together the various elements of the entire service
- Ability to be a team player and adapt to changing circumstances
- Ability to function within a team structure and work independently on individual tasks
- Ability to lead multiple projects simultaneously
- Able to work with other First Church departments to coordinate and execute projects/events
- Promotes a positive attitude and working environment
- Strong organizational and time management skills and pursuit of excellence through attention to detail
- Possesses excellent people skills
- Ability to use Planning Center/Pro Presenter
- Education: High school diploma required, college degree desired
- Experience: Minimum one year related experience in leading in related fields of contemporary worship services and ministry team organization.
- Lifting sound equipment up to 50lbs
Personal and Spiritual Requirements:
- Professes Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior
- Maintains personal, spiritual, and professional growth
- Models standards and expectations of leaders within First Church, including:
- Participate in authentic community (meaningful accountability)
- Regular attendance at Crossfire services
Requirements to Apply:
2. 4 References (1-2 supervisors, 1-2 colleagues, 1 friend)
3. 2-3 high quality vidoes that highlight vocals and how he/she leads worship during a weekend service.
*Mobile recordings are unacceptable.
At First Church, we value working with people to accomplish goals, as well as personally contributing at a level that requires God’s help. By maintaining these priorities, we will put ourselves in a position where we can continue to strive for excellence
and value reaching lost people for Christ and helping people find a deep life in Christ.