(Proposed Salary: $35,000-45,000 per year)
Discipleship Responsibilities as Youth Pastor
- The Discipleship Pastor shall develop and conduct an effective discipleship ministry for the Jr. High school and Senior High school age students.
- He shall be the primary Bible teacher for the weekly youth ministry meeting.
- He shall also serve as one of the team teachers of either the High School Sunday School Class or the Junior High Sunday School Class.
- His teaching ministry shall generally hold the students attention and effectively communicate God’s Word while making accurate interpretations of God’s Word and practical applications to the student’s life.
- The Discipleship Pastor shall plan and/or coordinate monthly youth activities.
- The Discipleship Pastor shall develop and conduct an effective outreach campaign internally and externally to the community
- Maintain effective relationships with other area churches and coordinate joint events within reason.
- Establish a long-term vision in how the church can effectively engage youth.
- He shall search out and plan an annual youth retreat. For example, summer camp or missions trip.
- He shall disciple individual students as he has the opportunity, provide pastoral care, and offer biblical counsel to students as needed.
- His ministry to youth shall include developing a relationship with the parents and facilitating communication, counsel, encouragement, and support as needed.
- He shall recruit, train, utilize, and supervise adult volunteers as dictated by the overall size of youth ministry
Discipleship Responsibilities to Local Community
- Help overseer summer vacation Bible school, a fall festival, and other church outreach ministries for college age and younger
- He shall be personally involved in the teaching, counseling, and pastoral care of college age students including those enrolled in schools outside of the area
- Plan and implement ways to build connections among the children and families connected with FBC Children’s Church and seek new ways to reach the unchurched children in the community
- Communicate consistently and effectively with Children’s Ministry staff, Pastoral Staff and deacon board (quarterly meetings/regular updates)
- The Discipleship Pastor shall coordinate with the Operations Director, the Senior Pastor, and the deacon board as necessary to achieve ministry goals.
- Regularly attend FBC services and support other church programs
- The Discipleship Pastor shall oversee the Children’s Director and Associate Children’s director and their ministry.
- He shall work with the Children’s Ministry Director and Assistant director to assure that each ministry meeting is sufficiently staffed and program are operating properly
- Be a backup teacher when Children’s director or associate director are unable to teach.
- The Discipleship Pastor shall oversee the AWANA program and its ministry.
- The Discipleship Pastor shall assist the Senior Pastor as directed
- He shall preach, teach, and make pastoral visits as directed by the Senior Pastor
- He shall fill in for the Senior Pastor when he is absent as directed by the Pastor.
- He shall assist the Senior Pastor and deacons in the strategic planning and leadership of the Church.
- Be available for Sunday morning worship service announcements, welcome center, or as directed by Senior Pastor
- Must be committed to maintaining and operating with the upmost Christian integrity.
- Education: Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree from a Bible college
- The Discipleship Pastor shall continue to meet the biblical qualifications of a pastor outlined in 1 Tim. 3:1-11.
- The Discipleship Pastor shall exhibit the ability to cooperate with, relate amicably to, and effectively work with a broad spectrum of personalities within the congregation.
- Must profess to be born again and be able to explain how that process took place in your own life, and how others can receive that free gift as well
- Must be/become a member of the church and remain in good standing
- Must be living a life in accordance with having a vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ (there needs to be evidence to others of being a Christian)
- Must agree with the doctrine and follow the FBC Constitution
- Must look at this position as both a job (responsibility) and as a ministry (service)
- Must maintain regular business hour as agreed to with director of operation and Senior Pastor
- Must already be involved with some other ministry within the church body
- Must be willing to work well with coworkers and respect the authority of Biblical church leadership
Similar Job Titles: Associate Pastor - Church Staff - Combo Positions - Discipleship Pastor - Youth Pastor