First Baptist Church San Antonio
TITLE: Director of Logos Worship
CLASSIFICATION: Regular, Full-time; Non-exempt
The Logos Worship Leader will work closely with our Associate Pastor of Worship and Music as well
as Associate Pastor of NextGen Marrieds and Community Missions in cultivating worship services that
lead our congregation to see and savor the greatness of God in Jesus Christ. The incumbent will
support the Vision and Values of FBCSA by planning and leading dynamic congregational worship.
1. Shepherding the members of FBCSA with music via relationships, vision, leadership, and love.
2. Planning Logos worship service.
3. Choosing and/or arranging music and songs that engage the congregation and support the
preaching of God’s Word.
4. Modeling and leading heartfelt worship in an invitational style – that draws people in,
encourages participation, and points people to Jesus.
5. Recruiting, auditioning, teaching, and training vocalists and musicians in the church to serve
the congregation as a team with musical skill and humility.
6. Leading weekly rehearsals that serve a dual purpose: (A) preparation for Sunday and (B)
cultivation of Christ-centered community.
7. Using social media, video, and other forms of communication to promote and enhance Logos Worship
8. Work with Director of Media Ministries to oversee and recruit AV/Production (volunteer) team.
9. Leading and serving in additional services and gatherings.
1. Experience in leading and planning for worship and worship teams as deemed appropriate.
2. Preferred degree from a college, university, or seminary with a focus in worship or music.
3. Sufficient knowledge of music theory for arranging songs/hymns/music.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ATTITUDES, RELATIONSHIPS
1. A personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
2. Spends time in prayer and the study of God’s Word on a daily basis.
3. Displays a love for Christ and His people.
4. Demonstrates a knowledge of foundational theological truths.
5. A team-player who desires to serve the church alongside other pastoral staff and volunteers.
6. Demonstrated skill set in vocal and/or instrumental talent.
7. Capabilities in presentation software, media, and audiovisuals.
8. General knowledge of running sound, stage/set design, lighting.
REPORTS TO: Associate Pastor of Worship and Music