The Church: 60-80 in regular attendance.
Wicks Lane Baptist Church is a Christ-honoring, Bible believing Church. Our purpose is to glorify God, exalt Jesus Christ, edify the saints, and evangelize the lost. Our mission is to make disciples of Jesus Christ. Our vision is, "To all the world for
Jesus sake." (See our statement of faith and our Church Constitution at (www.wickslanebaptist.com).
Reason for our search: Our Senior Pastor will retire from the ministry December 31, 2018.
Position: We are currently seeking a full time Senior Pastor who will serve with the elders in overseeing the life and direction of the Church (Acts 20:28, Ephesians 4:11-13, 1 Peter 5:2-3).
- Preaching and teaching the Word of God Sunday morning, evening, and Wednesday evening.
- Overseeing the discipleship of new and immature believers as necessary.
- Monitoring the spiritual pulse of the congregation through review and accountability.
- Administration of the Ordinance of the Lord's Supper and Believer's Baptism.
- Visitation in homes and hospitals as needed.
- Weddings and funerals.
Four years ministerial associate of divinity degree, (biblical studies, pastoral ministries, church organization) or a minimum of associate of divinity at a Bible College or Seminary.
$50,000 per year for housing, continuing education, books, and car allowance.
Vacation - Sick Leave:
Two weeks (14 days) vacation which may include two Sundays. You will receive an additional day of vacation for each year of service for your first 10 years of service. Sick leave is one week (7 days) annually.
Three percent (3%) of base pay per year towards a qualified plan of your choice.
You and your wife will be allowed to attend two church or pastor conferences each year at the churches expense not to exceed $1,500 total.