LifeMission Church is one church with multiple locations in Olathe and Ottawa, Kansas. We are a non-denominational, spirit-filled church.
Our goal is to live life on mission daily. Our purpose is to love God and loves other by helping people find salvation, family, freedom, growth, and mission.
LifeMission Church is active in missionary outreaches around the world, as well as in church planting and multiplication through extension campuses in the US.
Our Vision: See lives and communities transformed by revealing God's presence and purpose.
Our Mission: Love God, inspire faith, reach those far from God, and connect people into family.
We are currently seeking an AVL Techical Director. This person would be skilled in video production, lighting, and sound. They would be able to work with a team of volunteers and have the ability to grow the team and train current and new members.
Required Skills, Gifts & Knowledge
- Excellent leadership skills
- Ability to train and raise up team leaders
- Expert knowledge of media in the context of worship services
- Detailed knowledge of: broadcast switcher with multiple cameras (IMAG), keyed computer-graphics (lower thirds), presentation software (ProPresentor, PowerPoint, etc.), detailed knowledge of projectors, displays and video transmission
- Expert knowledge of lighting in the context of worship services: theatrical, intelligent, LED, and lighting for video, familiarity with DMX programming
- Highly tech-savvy, able to learn and master new technology quickly and thoroughly
- Expert knowledge of AVL signal flows and strong ability to troubleshoot in all of these environments
- Teachable spirit and able to collaborate well in a team environment
- Attention to details
- Solid time management skills
- Ability to coordinate several activities at once and quickly analyze and resolve specific problems
- Shows initiative, perseverance, and possesses a "whatever it takes" attitude
- Ability to be flexible in an environment that is subject to spur of the moment change
- Direct, schedule, and lead volunteer teams
- Recruit, develop and equip technical teams for events, mid-week, and weekend services (including sound, media, equipment operators, service directors).
- Update transitions and detailed technical notes for all positions on Planning Center for all services and events.
- Serve as a Tech Production Manager for weekend services.
- Float between campuses, ensuring Tech is synced and operational.
- Lead the leaders of various venues, ensuring that Tech supports program connectivity
- Oversee and/or do the work of preparing stages for rehearsal and presentation weekly (and as needed for events). This includes set-up, tear-down, and repositioning of equipment; physical patching of lines to console(s); reset/aiming of lights; patching
and pre-programming of consoles; manage necessary input lists, stage plots, etc.
- Serve as a liaison between Worship Arts Ministry and other ministries needing technical resources (audio, video, lighting).
- Manage all AVL equipment. Oversee the purchase, maintenance and operation of all AVL equipment at all campuses. Develop detailed knowledge of operation and integration of equipment.
- Train and equip staff and volunteers to ensure successful operation of equipment in various rooms.
- Assess future technology needs and work to implement purchase strategies and timelines.