The Senior Pastor will shepherd the congregation of Trinity Baptist Church under the authority of God and as led by the Holy Spirit to advance the Gospel in our local community and beyond. As a member of the Eldership, the Senior Pastor shares responsibility
in developing and achieving a Biblically aligned church vision. The Senior Pastor is accountable to the Congregation and to the policies and procedures that are established to protect the long-term viability of our ministry. The primary responsibilities
of the Senior Pastor include but are not limited to; preaching and teaching Biblical truths, providing pastoral care to the congregation, providing spiritual leadership, and cultivating church growth.
1. Preach and Teach God’s Word
- Primary importance will be placed on the preaching and teaching of God’s Word.
- Spend the required amount of time in prayer and study to prepare and deliver effective sermons and Bible studies on a weekly basis.
- Coordinate worship activities with the Worship Team and other ministry teams to execute effective worship services.
- Utilize other opportunities to teach God’s Word as they become available.
2. Pastoral Care
- Encourage the lay leadership to be living examples of a Christ-centered life with high moral and spiritual standards.
- Cultivate the ministry of visitation utilizing the principle of members of the Body caring for one another. Personally, visit with members who are seriously ill or grieving.
- Be available and accessible, when possible, for emergency situations or special needs.
- Provide pre-marital counseling.
- Officiate wedding ceremonies, funeral services, and baby dedications as requested.
- Provide baptism for believers, conduct communion services, and prepare candidates for church membership.
- Be open and available for individuals to meet for short-term counsel to address personal, emotional, spiritual, family, marital, vocational, or church related issues.
- Promote an environment of love, acceptance, healing, and forgiveness in the church body.
3. Leadership and Administration
- Lead the congregation towards an understanding and acceptance of their Biblically inspired and Holy Spirit confirmed vision, and guide the church toward the fulfillment of that vision.
- Develop future leaders by supporting the ordination process for potential candidates as needed.
- Maintain transparency and communication with the church body about church ministries.
- Maintain regular office hours.
- Provide leadership for the Ministry Staff.
- Fulfill other duties as required.
4. Outreach, Evangelism and Faith Expression
- Promote and inspire outreach and evangelism within the congregation.
- Participate in mission trips, speaking engagements, community events, and church sponsored ministries and activities.
- Represent and support new members at the New Member Banquet.
- Represent Trinity Baptist Church at Marion Association and Pastoral Association meetings when possible.
5. Personal Growth
- Nurture own spiritual growth by maintaining an active prayer life and Bible study.
- Commit to lifelong learning, participating in activities that advance education and experiences applicable to the ministries of Trinity Baptist Church.
- Honor your day(s) off.
- Demonstrate integrity and discipline with respect to personal life and work assignment.
- Establish a relationship with a trusted mentor for your personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Commit to work as a team with church leadership.
- Fulfill a sabbatical according to the terms of an agreed-on covenant with the church.
1. Spiritual Qualifications
- Must be a born-again believer who has placed his faith and trust in Jesus Christ as personal Lord and Savior.
- Demonstrated ability to walk according to the fruits of the Spirit as established in Galatians 5 verses 22 and 23; love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.
2. Skills and Abilities
- The ability to present God’s Word in a way that engages and inspires the congregation to apply Biblical principles to everyday life for the purpose of building God’s Kingdom.
- Must be gifted in pastoral ministry and feel a strong call to that ministry.
- Desire to make a long-term commitment to Trinity Baptist Church and to the roles and responsibilities of the Senior Pastor.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain lasting relationships in the church family.
- 5 years’ experience in a pastoral leadership role at a church.
3. Theological Qualifications
- A minimum of a Masters of Divinity from an accredited university.
- Should have a general understanding of technology trends as they relate to the ministry goals and objectives of the church.
- Must have ordination credentials with or recognized by the ABC/USA or a commitment to obtain credentials within three years of beginning ministry at Trinity Baptist Church.
- Must become a member of Trinity Baptist Church.
- Must maintain confidentiality in interactions with members of the congregation and the community.