Job Purpose: To partner the local church and the family in discipleship growth for all.
Equip leaders, teachers, parents and local congregation to raise our children and youth (infant through high school) into discipleship. (50%)
- Help Centenary UMC in partnership with Lead Pastor and Education team to develop an overall plan for the raising up our children into discipleship.
- Oversee the organization and the living out of Centenary’s plan
- Communicate regularly and clearly the purpose of family ministries at Centenary UMC to partner the local church and the family for spiritual development in following Christ
- Provide Training both in person and through online encouragement that allows our volunteers to strengthen the methods in which they teach.
- Support and develop a working relationship with volunteers
- Oversee nursery staff and any potential new staff serving this ministry.
- Exemplify the faith before the congregation, families and through relationship building
Equip the family especially parent’s in their role in raising their children into discipleship and other spiritual growth needs. (30%)
- Build relationships with parents and new families as they become a part of the community at Centenary UMC.
- Help new families find ways to integrate into the community life of Centenary UMC
- Provide spiritual, educational, and faith opportunities for families as they encounter living faith in this world.
- Pray for families and support their spiritual lives
Guide those in your ministry into living their discipleship for God’s mission in the world (20%)
- Enable, support, and provide opportunities for everyone in the family to live out the call to discipleship in this world
- Guide, encourage and support Centenary UMC in discipleship ministries to families outside of Centenary UMC
- The Director of Student and Family Ministries reports directly to the Lead Pastor
- The Director of Student and Family Ministries job description, salary, and evaluation is overseen in partnership between Lead Pastor and Pastor Parish Committee.
Qualifications and Skills of the Position
- A growing and intentional relationship with Jesus Christ and desire to live out discipleship
- Works through conflict in healthy ways. Takes initiative and utilizes a strong and moral work ethic
- A bachelor’s degree preferred. Associates Degree may be accepted
- Can communicate biblically driven theological understanding to different age groups in engaging and developmentally appropriate ways. Can adapt/develop materials for teaching the faith.
- Experience in engaging the broader community for Christ
- Experience in working with a diverse group of people. Knowledgeable and sensitive to the needs and injustices different groups of people experience in our society today.
- Accomplished at organizing, and implementing a plan on behalf of student and Family ministries
- Is willing to work as a part of a team to fully support the mission and vision of the church by sharing in prayerful and strategic ministry