Who we are. Edgewood Community Church is an EFCA multi-site church in Waupun and Fond du Lac WI with an average weekly attendance of ~850 people. ECC is Gospel-centered, existing “to bring glory to God by helping people become
fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ” by focusing on three discipleship essentials: Gospel, Community, and Mission. We are preparing to launch a third campus in Beaver Dam WI and are looking for a campus pastor to help us multiply disciples.
Position Summary. The Beaver Dam campus pastor will be responsible for the overall leadership of the campus, under the direction of ECC’s elders. While championing ECC’s DNA, the campus pastor will work with the Beaver Dam congregation
to make disciples who make disciples. The three primary responsibilities will be:
- Communicating God’s Word in relevant and creative ways that encourage right belief and clear next steps for spiritual growth.
- Developing and leading team leaders of Christian adults aligned with the values and priorities of ECC.
- Strategically mobilizing Edgewood to serve, reach, and love the Beaver Dam community.
Reports to: Executive Pastor
Salary: Dependent on experience and education
Benefits: Health Insurance, Professional Expense, smartphone
Hours: 45 hours per week
Communicating God’s Word
- The campus pastor will preach approximately 12 times each year, senior pastor Roger Knowlton will preach in person at the Beaver Dam campus monthly, and the rest of the sermons will be Roger via livestream video. Sermons must demonstrate an ability to
faithfully and effectively communicate God’s Word, being dependent on God’s Spirit, toward the transformation of God’s people. The campus pastor is responsible for the coordination and supervision of every element of the Sunday morning worship service.
- Communicating God’s Word is a responsibility that extends beyond the pulpit. In small and large group settings the campus pastor will nurture an environment where Scripture is held to be authoritative, the Spirit is invited to guide and empower, and God’s
Word is applied to people’s hearts in life-transforming ways.
- The campus pastor will shepherd the BD congregation, initiating one-on-one and small group conversations to help people take their next steps of Christ-centered growth and being responsible for the oversight and care of those who experience challenging
Developing and Leading Team Leaders
- The campus pastor will identify and develop key men and women who can provide leadership over various ministries. Through inviting, praying, coaching, and evaluating the campus pastor will lead this team of leaders so they can use their gifts and serve
- One of the primary ways Edgewood makes disciples is through community, which Edgewood defines as “participating in a group that cultivates Christ-centered friendships.” The campus pastor will especially focus on developing a culture of small groups by
equipping small group leaders to disciple the church.
- The campus pastor must be a mobilizer who can identify the right people and get ministry initiatives started and completed.
- The campus pastor will shape leadership culture by nurturing an environment where leaders are valued, heard, appreciated, resourced, and released into well-fitting roles.
Strategically mobilizing Edgewood to serve, reach, and love the Beaver Dam community.
- The campus pastor will partner with the Edgewood Mission Ministry Team to understand the vision and resources available for local mission, then develop a specific vision for ministering to the Beaver Dam community.
- The campus pastor must be evangelistic in approach, always thinking about the lost, the hurting, and the unchurched.
- The campus pastor must participate in Beaver Dam community events in an effort to “live the gospel” in our peoples’ world and relationally connect not only with Edgewood families, but also with the community as a whole.
- The campus pastor must establish rhythms of assessment and evaluation of ministry
- If the campus pastor has worship leading experience, there may be an opportunity to use that gift on a monthly basis.
- Partner with staff by participating in staff meetings and collaborating on overall ECC ministry.
- The campus pastor must evidence the qualifications for spiritual leadership as found in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9.
- The campus pastor must have an authentic and growing relationship with the Lord, practicing the spiritual habits that we desire to reproduce in our ministry.
- The campus pastor must have an authentic and honest awareness of his heart, with compassion for the lost and hurting as well as discernment for life and its struggles.
- The campus pastor must be a self-starter who functions well in an environment with little oversight and have an entrepreneurial spirit as well as a good work ethic.
- The campus pastor should be teachable, humble, and growing in the fruit of the Spirit.
Education and Experience
- Seminary or special training in ministry is preferred, being a lifelong learner is a necessity!
- Experiencing God’s grace, restoration, and growth through difficult personal circumstances is invaluable to shepherding God’s people.
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in a church leadership role is preferred.
- Aligned with the EFCA Statement of Faith, credentialed (or desire to be) by the EFCA.
- The campus pastor should be highly relational and approachable, able to connect with people from all walks of life.
- The campus pastor should have strong organizational and time management skills.
- The campus pastor should have proven track record of recruiting and training leaders.
To apply for this position, please send a resume with cover letter to our Executive Pastor
PS – 3 reasons why this might be a GREAT fit for YOU!
#1. Beaver Dam is for lovers (of the outdoors)! You’ll find it all here – hiking, biking, fishing, swimming, cross-country skiing & snowmobiling. Beaver Dam is located near the Horicon Marsh, Devil’s Lake, and Kettle Moraine.
#2. Beaver Dam isn’t far from big city action! Centrally located between Green Bay, Madison, and Milwaukee, you are about an hour from the state’s best theaters, museums, festivals, shopping, and restaurants. Or for you sports fans, Beaver Dam is 94 miles
from Lambeau (Go Pack!), 71 miles from Miller Park (Go Brewers!), and 45 miles from the UW Campus (Go Badgers!).
#3. ECC cares about the spiritual health of its leaders. While the primary responsibility for soul care rests with each individual, ECC nurtures this value by requiring a monthly spiritual retreat day for the campus pastor and by providing a generous Sabbatical