Position Purpose: The Communications Director will create, organize, plan, and implement effective communications messages and strategies for/with church and community audiences. The individual will (a) develop and maintain the Midland
Free brand; (b) support church and ministry leaders in conveying their vision and communications priorities to appropriate audiences; and (c) create high-quality and highest impact communications for both internal and external audiences.
- A heart for ministry atMidland Free.
- Must be a committed Christian who is either a member of Midland Free or eligible for membership and be involved in the ministry of Midland Free.
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Proficient in communications strategies, advancing technologies used in communications, and graphic design.
- Proficient in desktop publishing software such as Adobe Creative Cloud Design Suite, Microsoft Publisher, and the like.
- Ability to manage church website including design, copy layout, web graphics, navigation/user interface, etc.
- Demonstrated leadership, problem solving, and administrative experience.
- Reports to the Executive Pastor.
- Assists staff and lay ministry leaders with design of specific communications.
- Set the overall vision for communications such that it is in alignment with the mission, vision, and values of Midland Free.
- Establish and maintain a consistent image and design for all church communication, print and digital.
- Serve as the “eyes” for all things print and electronic, looking for clear communication, brand presence and consistency. Ensure all created materials meet the Midland Free graphic and writing standards.
- Be current on creative communications and technological trends and look for opportunities to use this information to more effectively communicate with the community and church family.
- Commit to continuous improvement, always evaluating effectiveness of current communication and making improvements as necessary with vehicles such as weekly bulletin, weekly e-newsletter, social media platforms, weekly worship services, website, church
and ministry brochures, etc.
- Write and edit communications messages for use in various mediums and audiences.
- Design and create communications materials from initial concept through production (i.e., Sunday bulletins, e-newsletters, brochures, posters, displays, etc.).
- Maintain and update the website on a regular basis and serve as the Webmaster for church’s website.
- Prepare, coordinate, and implement digital content for church’s social media platforms including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube. Blog, etc.
- Oversee all media press releases, articles and ad placements as necessary in newspaper, radio, television, etc.
- Support other ministry areas in designing and creating communications materials from initial concept through production (i.e., church brochures, ministry brochures, visitor information, digital content for social media platforms, etc.).
- Keep ears open to stories of life-change within the church. Develop ways to creatively communicate those stories via video, interviews, newsletter, e-News, etc.
- Coordinate photography and videography activities, from initial concept through production, to tell stories of God’s workings and life-changes in people through video, multimedia, and other forms of digital media.
- Facilitate proactive communications ideas, calendaring, and church-wide and ministry-specific initiatives.
- Recruit and manage volunteer teams to assist in accomplishing specific responsibilities.
- Cooperate with the Executive Pastor when/if duties outside of communications are assigned.
- Part-time, Monday – Friday, 30 hours per week