To lead people to discover God’s presence and power in their life through authentic, dynamic worship.
The Worship Arts Pastor leads the initiative associated with the first step in our spiritual growth path: DISCOVER. Discovering God’s presence and power through The Brook is primarily achieved through worship. Through dynamic, authentic and God-glorifying
worship we are able to influence spiritually lost people to trust Christ as Savior (worship is the open, front door of the church)., as well affect Christians (new and mature) to love God more deeply and desire to grow further into authentic faith. Sunday
worship is a launch pad (a means) by which to inspire people to connect in Christian relationships,
grow in spiritual maturity and serve in the body of Christ.
The Worship Arts Pastor provides strategic leadership in the oversight, development and management of worship ministry including all dimensions related to: managing tech and worship teams; supporting worship venues throughout the church; pastoral care to
people serving on these teams; structuring the ministry for efficiency and effectiveness; advanced worship planning; creative programming; communication and team building; media for worship (graphics and video); worship equipment (audio, video projection,
computer, software, lighting); volunteer onboarding; quality expectations of vocalists, instrumentalists and tech people.
Role and Responsibility:
- Possess a clear and compelling vision for inspiring, high-quality worship.
- Own and articulate a clear philosophy of worship ministry (vision and values) that is consistent with the culture of our church and that inspires team members to fully give toward it.
- Demonstrated experience (5 years or more) in leading worship, team leadership, and managing programmatic dimensions of worship.
- Possess strong musical skills and knowledge that facilitate dynamic worship in the church and attract excellence.
- Exhibit the leadership, decision-making, communication, strategic planning and administrative skills necessary to implement inspiring worship in the church.
- Structure the ministry with systems and processes that lead to its effective functioning.
- Set distinct yet achievable quality standards and influence people to reach them.
- Build an identifiable sense of team, unity and coordinated direction among the people responsible for worship.
- Support the ministry of entire church by understanding the DISCOVER ministry’s mission and implementing it through strong leadership.
- Develop endearing relationships among worship and tech team members and spiritually care for them.
- Lead people under their care to grow spiritually and reach their potential in Christ.
- This is a full-time, 40-hour per week position.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Active Membership at The Brook
- A history of demonstrating spiritual and emotional maturity to manage the pressures of church work with proper judgement and discretion
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 3+ years’ experience in Student Ministry
- Attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to manage a changing workload
- See Staff Leadership Qualifications.
- Experience in worship leading, worship planning, programming and team leadership.
- An individual who is spiritually and emotionally mature.
- An individual that has a healthy respect for and an understanding of authority.
- An individual that expects to be held accountable for agreed upon results and values.
- An individual with spiritual gifts of administration, leadership and exhortation.
- A person with demonstrable musical skills.
- A person who understands servant leadership and feels a calling to it.
- A person able to manage multiple, complex tasks with patience, effectiveness and maturity.
- A good communicator. Able to say difficult things to people when necessary.
- A systems thinker with the ability to plan and then execute the plan.
- Someone who endears himself to people and unites/inspires others through his attitude, servant spirit, hard work, love and responsible actions.
- A person who establishes excellent relationships with supervisors, ministry leaders and congregants.
- Someone able to take instruction, who is teachable and can under authority.
- Someone who manages time well; who is productive and prioritizes their work schedule to achieve the most important objectives involved in their leadership.
- Someone who loves God sincerely, grows authentically as a disciple, and believes wholeheartedly in the vision of The Brook Church.
- Someone who believes that maintaining effective, high-quality ministry reflects God’s excellence and communicates important values to the church and the community.
- A person who reflects the attitudes and actions of a professional. A demonstrated, experienced professional in this arena.
- Someone with the ability to hold people accountable and influence them to achieve ministry in accordance with vision and values.
- Required minimum bachelor’s degree.