About the Organization:
Woodside Bible Church began as Big Beaver Baptist Church in 1955. After a few years, the church continued to grow with a new name, Troy Baptist Church, and several building projects. In 1991, Doug Schmidt was called as the pastor and arrived
to a church of about 700 attendees. He brought fresh vision and the church began to grow once again. Doug also brought a renewed commitment to biblical teaching, and it was fitting that the name reflect that identity. So in 2002, Woodside Bible Church was
officially named to begin a new season as a church.
In 2005, the church moved to their current property on Rochester Road. This relocation, along with an increased focus and intensity on reaching out, was a huge catalyst for the growth the church is still experiencing today. Woodside Bible Church began launching
in multiple locations to reach the entire region, and they currently have more than 10,000 gathering in 14 different locations each weekend.
But although they’ve experienced great growth and provision from God, they are in some ways, just getting started. Their current vision is to be gathering 15,000 people weekly in 2020, increasing the number of strategic international partnerships, and continuing
to reach the next generation in increasing numbers.
This is a great time to be a part of the Woodside story. They have an amazing history, a healthy staff, and invigorating culture, an unwavering mission and a vision for a future of continued strength and impact. They look ahead with excitement and anticipation
to see how God continues to grow His church with the addition of a new Senior Pastor.
About the Position:
The Senior Pastor of Woodside Bible Church will bear the core responsibilities of preaching, staff oversight, vision casting, and leadership, among others. The Senior Pastor will help develop and care for its existing members, and aid in its ability to impact
the communities surrounding Troy, and all over metropolitan Detroit.
The successful candidate for this position will be a strong leader with a passion to achieve and exceed ministry objectives. He will be a motivational force, a decision-maker, and a vision-creator who champions and shapes both the vision and mission of the
church, thinking beyond current circumstances and looking to broader, Kingdom-inspired opportunities.
What We Are Searching For / Qualifications:
The following describes many of the characteristics of the ideal candidate for the Senior Pastor:
An advanced graduate degree or seminary degree is required, and an earned doctorate is preferred.
Proven leadership experience at a large church is expected. A strong preference toward multi-site leadership experience.
- A growing relationship with the Lord demonstrated through personal and regular investments in the disciplines--especially personal Bible study and prayer.
- Satisfactorily meets all the qualifications of Titus 1 and I Timothy 3
- Lives by the two greatest commandments--to love God with all of his heart, soul, mind and strength, and to love his neighbor as himself.
- An exceptional expositor of Scripture who preaches with passion, accuracy, and compassion
- A demonstrable, genuine love for people
- Faithfully committed to personally follow and apply biblical principles and possess a high level of integrity, guided by a sound set of ethical principles
- Totally committed to the theological, philosophical, and methodological positions of Woodside, and a great fit with the DNA and culture of Woodside
- A healthy chemistry with the members and culture of Woodside
- Courage to implement vision as directed by the Holy Spirit
- Knowledge of systems, organizations, administration, and finances
- A visionary leader who can think beyond current circumstances and look to broader, Kingdom-inspired opportunities
- Demonstrate a high leadership capacity and ability to train others
- A gifted communicator, energetic and enthusiastic, yet able to exude a calming influence when needed
- Proven skills that foster trust, fairness, and teamwork among members, and a common focus on excellence in all areas.