Church overview: New Community Church is the leading modern conservative church in Muskogee, Oklahoma. The church is 25 years old and has enjoyed a steady incline of attendance since birth. Under the current senior pastor, the church is
averaging 800+ in attendance each week. The church’s vision is: “To connect the disconnected and grow together toward full maturity in Christ.” The church’s core values are: connect, grow, serve, and multiply. Find more at: www.newcommunitychurch.com.
Community overview: If you can’t google this information and find out, then you aren’t the right person for this position.
Reports to: Senior Pastor who reports to Elders
- Provide Pastoral Ministry to students, parents of students, volunteers, and student leaders.
- Provide support to Children’s minister.
- Develop a strategy for reaching, equipping, and leading College students.
- Develop a ministry plan for shepherding all students from birth through college.
- Coordinate ongoing volunteer and student leader training.
- Participate and host regularly in the church’s Sunday Morning worship experiences.
- Coordinate and implement an annual student ministry budget proposal and administer that budget as approved.
- Lead in mid-week student gatherings.
- Coordinate the training and mentoring of members of the student ministry sensing a call to ministry vocation.
- Assimilate local middle and high school students to actively participate in student activities and corporate worship experiences.
- Enlist, train, and motivate adults and students to serve within student ministry.
- Preach on occasion in Sunday morning worship gatherings.
- Create and implement an overall student evangelism strategy for the church.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience: A Bachelor’s Degree is required. Master’s work in Biblical studies is a plus. The successful individual must have a proven track record of effective leadership, judgment, and above reproach character.