About the Organization:
Beginning over 100 years ago as First Baptist Church Smyrna, LifePoint is a dynamic, growing church that has a heart for its local communities, the nations, and the world. LifePoint is a multi-site congregation, with one church meeting in multiple locations
and campuses both locally and globally, and is associated with the Southern Baptist Convention.
Although the church has a long and significant history, LifePoint continues to adapt and change to the needs of families, communities and the world, so that people in Middle Tennessee and around the world would Find Life and Live Sent. Pat Hood came to the
church 24 years ago as the student pastor, and has been the Senior Pastor since the late 90’s. The church has seen transformational change since then, moving from traditional to cutting-edge contemporary, growing from 500 to 3,000 weekly attenders, relocating,
expanding sites, and growing into an outward focused church where every member lives “sent.”
LifePoint is a healthy church with a passion for people on mission and raising up a new generation of disciples. LifePoint is a reformed Baptist church with a passion for both evangelism and discipleship. They have a tight staff that works hard, but also
hangs out after hours and has fun together.
Although they’ve seen tremendous growth over 24 years, they are not content to coast. They are looking to add some high-impact players to their team to partner together for the next chapter of ministry.
About the Position:
LifePoint Church is looking for a high capacity, catalytic leader of leaders who can lead by example, passion, and competency. While providing direct leadership to all LifePoint Student team members at the Smyrna Campus, they will also have the opportunity
to provide influential leadership, vision and direction to Student Ministry teams across all LifePoint campuses.
They will spend time mentoring other Student Ministry staff in areas of leadership development, visioning, strategic planning, and discipleship. The Lead Student Minister will speak to audiences of any size with clarity and simplicity and will give equal
attention to evangelism and discipleship areas of the ministry. They will have fresh eyes for “what could be” for the Student ministry across all campuses of LifePoint and be a proven vision-caster who can bring innovation with purpose.
What We're Searching For:
Must have a level of education and experience commensurate with the position: Seminary degree preferred, and at least five years of related experience.
Experience & Skills
- At least 5 years of related experience
- The ability to influence Student Ministry across all LifePoint Campuses
- Ministry experience in a church of at least 750
- Led a student ministry of at least 100 students.
- Strong communicator/teacher/preacher
- Able to build teams and lead people
- Always seeking to live in God's presence through a consistent prayer life and Bible study.
- Passion for the local church generally and student ministry specifically.
- Ability to minister cross culturally and lead leaders from various backgrounds.
- Ability to communicate and teach in all size venues (1-2000) persons.
- Multi-tasking abilities, strong organizational skills, and ability to effectively communicate with individuals clearly and confidently, verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others and in team environments.
- Theological acumen and doctrinally solid
- A leader of leaders and able to establish trust and credibility
- Developer of ministry bringing experience and ideas.