Position: Technical Arts Director
Reports to: Worship Arts Pastor
Objective: Assist in fulfilling the programming and technical needs of Frontline Community Church
Full-Time: 40+ hours per week, benefit eligible
To cultivate environments for people to experience the transformational presence and love of the living God, through the mobilization of volunteer teams, enabling the church to fulfill its mission. Working closely with the Worship Arts Pastor, this person
will provide expertise for technology carried out in a team environment and in collaboration and cooperation with all other ministries.
- Maintains a vibrant and personal relationship with Jesus Christ that includes a consistent practice of the spiritual disciplines
- Maintains a reputation of unquestioned integrity
- Teachable, respectful, humble and willing to be held accountable
- Seeks to work in collaboration with others to achieve desired goals
- Expertise in technical ministries leadership
- Expertise in the area of live, studio sound and production
- Experience in the area of filming and video editing
- Experience with theatrical lighting/DMX
- Experience with volunteer coordination and development
- Experience with stage design
- Strong communication skills
- Attentive to details and a problem solver
- Self-starter who takes initiative and understands and commits to deadlines
- Learns quickly and enjoys being challenged
- Proficiency with digital consoles and professional mixing techniques
- Competent in Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere Pro, Photoshop) or an equivalent
- Great computer skills including proficiency with Apple computers
- Expertise in ProPresenter
- General knowledge and experience operating Ableton Live, Reason and Mainstage
- Expertise in audio recording and editing software, preferably ProTools
- General knowledge and understanding of podcasting
- Experience in Byron Lighting Software or an equivalent
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide audio, video and lighting for all worship services (Sundays and other special services/events) as well as assist other campuses where necessary.
- Assist other Frontline ministries with any technical needs.
- Serve primarily at the Frontline campus for weekend services, preparing volunteers for success to execute with excellence.
- Supervise, coordinate, schedule and train tech teams.
- Collaborate with Worship Arts Pastor and others to create relevant graphics, media and videos for Frontline publications and ministries.
- Provide programming and creative energy to service planning, working with Worship Arts Pastor & Worship Planning Team.
- Oversee stage designs and bring vision and direction to the Stage Design Team.
- Order new gear, replace old and research items we need or will need along with getting the necessary price quotes.
- Clean, organize and keep inventory of all Worship Arts equipment.
- Test, clean and resolve any equipment issues as necessary. Research new audio and tech equipment that will help to streamline, keep current and more efficient.
- Produce and communicate schedules and plans to all service participants.
- Oversee sermon and production recordings, reproductions, transfers, uploads, archives and streaming.
- Oversee social media presence along with keeping website up to date.
- In collaboration with the Worship Arts Pastor, develop an annual budget; coordinating and managing resources with a high degree of stewardship.