Our Church: Court Street Christian Church is a multi-generational congregation in a historic downtown neighborhood of Salem, Oregon. After more than 100 years on the same street corner, children continue to be a significant ministry focus
through our licensed childcare center. More information can be found on our website and Facebook page.
Purpose: The Lead Pastor is employed to work with elders, staff and volunteers to lead Court Street Christian Church in its mission, vision and values to glorify God in making disciples and equipping the saints for ministry. This description
outlines fundamental responsibilities for the position, but tasks will be tailored to the individual's strengths, passions, and skills. It will include, by necessity, the demonstration of communication, organization, leadership, initiative, and a heart for
the church we serve. It will require cooperation with other staff members to minister to the overall church body. The complete Job Description may be requested from Christy Peterson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Participate in the Elder leadership of Court Street Christian Church.
- Responsible for leadership and vision in fulfilling the mission of Court Street, and shaping cultural alignment to fulfill those purposes in a manner that embodies Court Street values.
- Collaborate with the teaching team to determine the series, content and schedules for preaching during adult services, including preaching on a regular basis themselves.
- Work with members of the pastoral team to oversee and continually develop a wholistic discipleship process at Court Street.
- Participate in the Salem area’s Pastoral Community to represent Court Street, encourage other area leaders and cultivate a kingdom-mindset amid local ministries.
- Serve as a public “face of the church” along with the pastoral team.
- Oversee all-church missions opportunities and cultivate ongoing evangelism.
- Occasionally facilitate weddings, funerals and hospital calls in caring for the congregation of Court Street.
- Faithfully attend and participate in weekly worship services.
- Various other duties as assigned by the Elders.
Experience & Qualifications
- College graduate, preferably with training in both leadership and Biblical studies.
- Experienced working with all age groups in the church.
- Articulate speaker and clear communication skills.
- Personal love for God and compassion for people.
- Desire to lead an intergenerational church (from birth through end of life).
- Desire to build on the foundation of Court Street's mission, values and culture.
- Demonstrates personal integrity, godly character and personal leadership.
- Values team collaboration and Kingdom-mindset.
- Servant leader and encourager.
- Family oriented, having a priority for their family relationships.
The Lead Pastor will be employed on a full-time basis (40 hours per week) and terms of employment will be arranged with the Elders. A background check is required.
How to Apply:
Candidates wishing to apply should submit the following to Christy Peterson via email at email@example.com. Please use Word or PDF format. Be sure to include accurate contact information including phone and email.
- Letter of Introduction (not to exceed 1 page).
- Resume with complete education and employment history.
- Link to a video sample of your public teaching.
- 3 References.