SUMMARY OF OPPORTUNITY
- St. Mary’s Episcopal Church in Stuart, Florida, is one of Southeast Florida’s largest Episcopal parishes. In addition to contributing core management skills to the ongoing growth and vibrancy of St. Mary’s, the Parish Administrator (“PA”) will be uniquely
challenged to participate in and to help develop a strategic long-term vision. Supporting the PA and dedicated to his/her personal success and development will be our clergy and a team of spiritually committed, hard working, intelligent parish leaders in the
form of the Vestry, Volunteers and other key stakeholders.
- Supervise, and organize all ongoing and day-to-day operations.
- Responsible for management of financial affairs using basic accounting systems, reporting and fiscal control.
- Strengthen operational structures and establish processes to support continuing growth.
- Manage internal and external communications and coordination among all stakeholders.
- Manage human resources, and supervise and mentor church staff.
- Provide input & leadership on budgeting and financial management for program areas.
- Oversee facility management, including building and grounds.
- Provide strategic growth ideas with implementation strategies.
- Contribute to the analysis of opportunities, Customer Relation Management (CRM), and data analytics, and lead nurturing.
PERSONAL, PROFESSIONAL AND ACADEMIC REQUIREMENTS
- Motivated, creative, natural leader who will balance the need for internal efficiency with Christian service.
- A proactive seeker of continuous improvement, who will foster a collegial environment of collaboration, and will be a very visible interface with the parish and community.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree.
- Business experience and financial background sufficient to understand and apply effective tools of management, operations, and administration that are results-focused.
- Technically savvy and responsible for Information Technology (IT)
- Financial skills including an understanding of bookkeeping, accounting principles, and fiscal management.
ABOUT ST. MARY’S
- 600 families and 50 ministries on a campus of 7 buildings covering two city blocks.
- Located on Florida’s Treasure Coast, Stuart was voted America’s Happiest Seaside Town of 2016 by Coastal Living Magazine.
Interested in this unique and challenging position? Please submit the following information via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. A cover letter that conveys what excites you about this career opportunity and why you would be a great fit. Please include your salary requirements.
2. Your resume highlighting relevant experience, accomplishments, education, and personal interests.
3. We want to get to know you a bit. Please provide brief answers to the following questions:
- What three words best describe you?
- What has influenced you most over your life? Personally and/or professionally.
- What is the most important characteristic of your ideal work environment?