Worship Ministries Assistant and Worship Leader
Bethesda Christian Church, a multicultural and multigenerational suburban Detroit Christian church is in need of a new team member for the Worship Ministries department. We desire a devoted follower of Jesus Christ who has a true heart for worship and the
ability to assist in the operations of the Worship Ministries department and lead congregational worship. Our worship style is a blend of traditional and contemporary with a multi-piece band and worship team. We also incorporate ensembles and choir. Bethesda
is independent, nondenominational with Pentecostal roots. We have over 80 years of history in Metro Detroit and are located on an 88 acre campus in the city of Sterling Heights. Find out more at www.yourbcc.org.
Reports to: Director of Worship Ministries
Qualifications & Skills:
- Excellent vocal talent
- Skills and experience in choral, vocal, and instrumental (guitar and/or keyboard) performance and direction
- A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing personal relationship with Him
- Commitment to moral purity
- Commitment to the vision of Bethesda Christian Church
- Excellence and enthusiasm in leading worship
- A heart for the spiritual growth of those in the congregation and the worship ministry
- Interpersonal relationship skills and a positive, team player attitude
- Basic knowledge of music software and technology used in worship
- Work with the Director of Worship Ministries to build worship teams.
- Work with the Director of Worship Ministries to construct your worship sets and choral selections.
- Serve as worship leader (frequency to be determined; will rotate with other leaders).
- Provide vocalists and instrumentalists with music and resources for rehearsing.
- Lead vocalists and/or instrumentalists in rehearsals to both prepare for the service and to cultivate a Christ-centered community.
- Direct an adult choir.
- Mentor young vocalists/instrumentalists.
- Participate in the planning process of major seasonal services.
- Attend weekly staff and worship ministry meetings.
- Assist the Director of Worship Ministries however else needed.
Full-time position. Salary based on qualifications and experience. Respond with cover letter and resume. No phone calls please.