Minister of Adult Education
Bethesda Christian Church, a multicultural and multigenerational suburban Detroit Christian church is in need of a new ministerial team member. We desire a devoted follower of Jesus Christ with a love for God’s Word and gifted and experienced in teaching
and discipling. Bethesda is independent, nondenominational with Pentecostal roots, we are Pentecostal in the vein of Gordon Fee, John Piper, and the like. The ideal candidate will firmly believe the gifts of the Holy Spirit described in 1 Corinthians 12
are still active today. We are not given to “prosperity preaching,” our services are conducted with propriety and order. Our worship style is a blend of traditional and contemporary with a multi-piece band and worship team. Bethesda has over 80 years of
history in Metro Detroit and is located on an 88 acre campus in the city of Sterling Heights. Find out more at www.yourbcc.org.
The position of Minister of Adult Education requires directing the discipleship and education of adult Christians from those who have just made a profession of faith in Jesus to mature Christians. Key duties/requirements include:
- Competent to work well with people and oversee a team of volunteers is an absolute necessity
- Possess a thorough knowledge of the Bible
- Review curriculum and bible studies
- Develop curriculum and bible studies
- Gifted in teaching and preaching
- Proven ability to write
- Draft strategic organizational plans
- Able to prioritize and delegate
- Willingness and ability to minister in other areas as needed: Funerals, midweek services, visitation, counsel, etc.
- Well organized and able to administer assorted approaches to teaching and discipleship: small groups, large groups, life groups, service projects, etc.
- Relate to multigenerational / multicultural congregation
- Accept women in ministry/ Women overseers
- Experience developing and managing a budget
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in a ministry-focused major
Full-time position with benefits. Salary based on qualifications and experience. Respond with cover letter and resume. No phone calls please.