Bloomer Baptist Church
2620 Duncan Rd.
Youth Pastor / Assistant to the Pastor
- Job Type: Full-Time Position
- Total Pay Package Range: $30,000-$40,000
- Main Ministries: High School and Middle School Youth Group
- Oversight over Children’s Ministries
- Assist Senior Pastor where needed
- Reports to Senior Pastor with Deacon oversight
The Youth Pastor / Assistant to the Pastor at Bloomer Baptist Church is someone with a deep love for Jesus Christ and His people. He should have a passion for all ages of children, but especially High School and Middle School students. He must be able to
thrive in a team environment. He should have a strong commitment to knowing God through His Word and to helping young people in their understanding of God. He will be purposed in being very active in student’s lives. The main purpose for this position is Youth
Ministry, but this individual should also be capable and expecting to assist the Senior Pastor as needed as well.
- Serves as member on the Pastoral staff as a team, but reports directly to Senior Pastor
- Provide teaching and oversight for weekly Middle School and High School Sunday School Classes, Youth Group, and Bible Studies
- Plan and execute monthly and yearly activities for Middle School and High School Ministries (may be combined)
- Organize and lead a Youth Group Mission Trip or outreach event. This may be on a rotation with other activities such as a yearly retreat or summer conference and may not necessarily be yearly. This may at sometimes be specific to Middle School or High School
or joint depending on trip being planned
- Organize and lead a Winter Retreat for Middle School and High School Ministries. (may be combined)
- Mentor youth through a discipleship training course
- Mentor Youth in developing their leadership skills
- Recruit and train volunteers who work with youth in all aspects of youth ministry and ensure adequate volunteer support and adult to youth ratios. Especially for trips or activities
- Make yourself available to youth in a variety of ways (i.e. lunch with students, attendance at extracurricular activities and sporting events, visitations, counsel, times of crisis, etc.)
- Develop and approve an annual Youth Ministry Calendar for both a plan of teaching and activities for upcoming school year by July
- Develop a budget for the Youth Ministry with oversight by Senior Pastor, Deacon Board, and Church approval
- Helps mentor and nurture students to have better relationships with family, friends, and the community in general
- To pray for the students regularly
- Provide oversight of Christian Education (Nursery – Elementary School)
- Provide support as needed for Coached by Christ (CBC)
- Provide oversight and support for Vacation Bible School
- Provide oversight for summer camp promotion and registration
- Establish strong relationships within the church body as a whole
- Assist Pastor with church or community needs
- Be available for performing or assisting Senior Pastor in the following areas: preaching, teaching, visitation, discipleship, counseling, baptisms, communion service, marriages, funerals, etc
- Assist Pastor and Deacon Board with vision for yearly outreach and church activities
- Attend Sunday Worship Services and help to make sure everything runs smoothly. If a need arises fill the need either by yourself or by finding and training a volunteer
- Attend monthly Deacon meetings, Youth Committee Meetings, and Mission Meetings
- Assist with building and grounds needs as needed to assist Senior Pastor and Deacons.
- Professes Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior
- Demonstrates a history of spiritual maturity and leadership
- Meets the Biblical qualifications for a Pastor as described in I Timothy 3, Titus 1 and I Peter 5
- Maintains Godly character before the congregation, within the church staff, and at home
- Loves and enjoys people, exhibiting a shepherd's heart towards individuals and the congregation
- Loves to see people trust Christ as Savior and grow as disciples
- Trustworthiness with confidential personal information
- Embraces our mission “To Know Christ and Make Him Known”
- Agrees with Our Church Constitution, beliefs, and policies as well as CBAmerica beliefs
- Bachelor’s Degree in ministry preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organizational skills in the office
- Creativity and adaptability to keep our ministry culturally relevant, as well as sensitivity towards church traditions
- Preferably technology skills to occasionally assist with videos, computer needs, website, networking, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
Pay and Benefits
- Pay and benefits based off experience, education, and needs, to be discussed further through the interview process.
- Total pay package, with approval from Pastor and Deacon Board, may be broke down to include things such as salary, housing, and retirement.
- Package will also include a pastoral expense line.
*Note: This document to work along side any additional church documents such as the church constitution and policies and practices manual.
** Check us out on Facebook, YouTube, and the church website at bloomerbaptistchurch.com
*** Email any prepared resources you have such as Resume, References, Testimony and Beliefs, teaching or preaching examples (i.e. Video, Audio, Typed), and a little bit about yourself including a picture to the Senior Pastor, Patrick Rhodes at Prhodes@Bloomerbaptistchurch.com