Summary Job Description:
Our mission at Peachtree City United Methodist Church (PTCUMC) is to reach out to our neighbors and connect them with Jesus. We are currently looking for a person responsible for leading, inspiring, and directing our Children’s Ministries.
This is a full-time position for someone called by God to nurture children and their families toward making wise choices, building stronger relationships, and developing deeper faith. This person will have demonstrated experience and enthusiasm for working
with other staff and a team environment. They contribute to the team spirit through fellowship, encouragement, collaboration, flexibility, creativity, prayer, and other appropriate ways as they serve Jesus Christ.
- Oversee and manage staff of all Children Ministries including Associate Director, Welcome Team Coordinator and Nursery Coordinator
- Collaborate with the Grow Team for vision-casting and direction for the overall ministry through continued development of vision, systems and structures
- Communicate and publish material for Children’s Ministry and their families as well as the broader congregation
- Build relationships and engagement with parents and families
- Oversee and provide direction for weekly programming and ministry related efforts to include Welcome Team, Babies-PreK, and Kindergarten through 5th Grade Sunday experience, etc
- Build bridges between Weekday Ministries, the larger community, and Children’s Ministry
• Minimum B.A. in Christian education or equivalent.
• 3-5 years of experience in leading Children’s Ministry in a Church setting
• Successful criminal background check for Safe Sanctuaries policy, credit check, and abide by North Georgia United Methodist Church Sexual Ethics Standards.
• Must practice a vital Christian faith, understand Wesleyan theology and live an orthodox practice of faith.
• Must have knowledge of Orange Ministry concepts.
• Must be creative, collaborative, energetic, and able to work with others in a loving, Christ-centered environment.
• Must be able to recruit, train, and educate volunteers to be small group and leaders in the area of discipleship.
• Must demonstrate leadership and strong organizational skills
• Must possess the interpersonal skills to work with a diverse group of people within the church (staff, congregation, etc.)
Salary and Benefits:
• Full-time position (40+ hours per week).
• Salary is negotiable and will be based upon applicant’s experience and ability to fulfill the functions and skills listed.
• Other benefits include: Health insurance, pension, continuing education, professional membership allowance, paid time off (vacation and sick) through accrued time in job
Application Package Requirements Contents:
• Cover Letter describing why you are a good candidate for this position and a brief testimony about your Christian journey.
• Detailed resume or LinkedIn link
• List of references, both professional and personal/character (3 required)