West Rome Baptist Church is a growing and vibrant Church located in rural southeast Michigan. Our purpose is to see lives transformed into passionate followers of Jesus Christ in order to reach the world with the good news. Our strategy for making disciples
is to provide passionate worship services, engage our members in ministry, be intentional in our mission, seek oneness in fellowship with each other, and to grow in our love for Christ.
The Pastor of Family Ministries will oversee the discipleship programs and systems for the Children and Student Ministries (ages 0-18) of WRBC. The overall purpose of this position is to lead our family ministries in a cohesive approach
to making and growing disciples. This will require someone who can lead both adult ministry teams and relate to children and teens at every age level. This person will have oversight of the children’s and youth ministries and will be responsible to recruit,
equip, and shepherd all of the volunteer ministry teams. Therefore, this person must be effective at building teams, developing leaders, and lead and communicate with influence.
The successful candidate will have had effective experience serving as a strong leader of ministry teams. He will have had the responsibility of providing vision for volunteers and developing a vibrant ministry that is focused on both making disciples and
· A mature and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
· A man of prayer who loves the Lord and His Word.
· A man of faith, unafraid to take risks.
· Possess strong relational skills.
· A motivated self-starter.
· A deep desire to equip leaders and love children and teens.
· Must meet the requirements of a pastor as set forth in 1 Timothy 3:1-7.
· A team player who will work under the direction and vision of the Lead Pastor.
Knowledge, Skills, Gifts, Experience:
· Minimum of a B.A. in a ministry related field strongly preferred.
· A minimum of 3 years of full-time experience in Student and/or Children’s Ministry strongly preferred.
· Must be in agreement with the doctrinal stance and ministry philosophy of West Rome Baptist Church.
· Ability to connect relationally with parents, leaders, teens, and children.
· Strong communication skills and follow-thru.
· Proven abilities and experience working with teams and equipping leaders.
· Proven ability to set goals and develop and implement strategy.
· Preferably a mix of administrative, shepherding, and leadership gift set.
· Attend all services of West Rome Baptist Church and be involved in small group ministry.
· Work in a spirit of unity with the Church staff.
· Help build a vibrant discipling culture in our family ministries.
· Recruit and equip ministry teams – train, communicate, and resource them to carryout their ministry.
· Coordinate and ensure follow through on the safety and procedural policies of our family ministries.
· Plan, coordinate, and give oversight to the outreach ministries of the children and youth departments.
· Equip and encourage parents in their role as primary disciple-makers of their children and teens.
· Engage and invest in reaching students in our local schools.
· Other responsibilities as assigned by the Lead Pastor.
Visit our website at www.westrome.com
Apply by sending your resume along with your doctrinal statement and ministry philosophy to firstname.lastname@example.org