West Rome Baptist Church is a growing and vibrant Church located in southeast Michigan. Our purpose is to see lives transformed into passionate followers of Jesus Christ in order to reach the world with the good news. Our strategy for making disciples is
to provide passionate worship services, engage our members in ministry, be intentional in our mission, seek oneness in fellowship with each other, and to grow in our love for Christ.
Our Youth Pastor will oversee the discipleship programs and systems for the Children and Student Ministries of WRBC. The overall purpose of this position is to lead our student ministries in a cohesive approach to making and growing disciples.
· A mature and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
· A man of prayer who loves the Lord and His Word.
· A man of faith, unafraid to take risks.
· Possess strong relational skills.
· A motivated self-starter.
· A deep desire to equip leaders and love children and teens.
· Must meet the requirements of a pastor as set forth in 1 Timothy 3:1-7.
· A team player.
Knowledge, Skills, Gifts, Experience:
· Must be in agreement with the doctrinal stance and ministry philosophy of West Rome Baptist Church.
· Ability to connect relationally with parents, leaders, teens, and children.
· Strong communication skills and follow-thru.
· Proven abilities and experience working with teams and equipping leaders.
· Proven ability to set goals and develop and implement strategy.
· Attend all services of West Rome Baptist Church and be involved in small group ministry.
· Work in a spirit of unity with the Church staff.
· Help build a vibrant discipling culture in our children’s and youth ministries.
· Recruit and equip ministry teams – train, communicate, and resource them to carryout their ministry.
· Coordinate and ensure follow through on the safety and procedural policies of our student ministries.
· Plan, coordinate, and give oversight to the outreach ministries of the children and youth departments.
· Equip and encourage parents in their role as primary disciple-makers of their children and teens.
· Engage and invest in reaching students in our local schools.
· Other responsibilities as assigned by the Lead Pastor.
Apply by sending your resume to email@example.com