Bay Area Community Church is located in Annapolis, MD, just thirty miles east of Washington D.C. It serves one of the most professionally diverse areas of the country, characterized by a broad spiritual and social spectrum. From those in the military and
politicians, to an array of young professionals with families, BACC attracts attendees who come from all over the world to work in this fast-paced, dynamic hub of leadership and innovation.
Bay Area Community Church began in 1987 with a handful of people and expanded rapidly. In 2006, God provided a home for the Bay Area community at 884 Chesterfield Rd. In 2015, BACC established a multi-campus, missional focus that has resulted in a two-campus
church (Annapolis and Easton) as well as missional communities throughout Anne Arundel County, various other church plants, and a Gospel presence on five continents. BACC’s lead pastor, Greg St. Cyr, was originally a missionary in Poland. Pastor Greg continues
to hold forth a practical, “lived” Great Commission vision as Bay Area’s purpose in the greater Washington D.C./Baltimore area.
BACC is committed to the foundations of the Christian faith: the centrality of Jesus, salvation, and the authority of Scripture over all of life.
The role of the Associate Worship Leader is to contribute to building a worship culture at BACC by leading worship at multiple venues, assisting the leadership of a campus, ensuring all worship experiences are executed with excellence, developing leaders
& recruiting volunteers.
- Spiritually mature: models the lifestyle of a passionate, maturing follower of Jesus
- Enthusiastically embraces God’s vision for Bay Area Community Church & our ministry
- Lives a healthy, balanced lifestyle that honors God, family and others
- Reliable, hard worker who multitasks well
- Self-starter who shows initiative and innovation skills
- Team player who works well with various personalities and has consistent positive influence within the team
- Teachable and approachable
- 5+ years experience in worship/music ministry at a large church.
- Proficiency in one or more instruments
- Strong vocal and stage presence
- Experience leading teams and developing leaders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
1). Worship Leadership:
- Serves as the primary worship leader for Chapel and Saturday Night campus
- Assist in leading a team of musicians for Saturday night service and Chapel campus
- Prepares music and other worship elements with excellence
- Contribute to building a worship culture at the Saturday night service and Chapel campus
- Rehearse band, vocals and tech for worship services
- Recruit players, singers and artists with the capacity to fulfill the vision and dreams of ministry
- Maintain, evaluate, & facilitate online scheduling for Weekend Services
- Leads worship for non-worship service events, as assigned
- Assist in areas such as Worship Academy, Apprenticeship, Creative Weekend Programming and BACC Music recordings
- Partners with other worship, video and production staff to provide a unified team mentality
2). Establishing Creativity and Worship Ethos:
- Participate in the collaborative design of all elements of worship services under the leadership Worship Pastor
- Facilitate creativity by providing an ideas-oriented environment
- Assist in developing relational opportunities for musicians and vocalists to collaborate and grow together
- Meet with musicians and vocalists to mentor them spiritually
- Maintain healthy team relationships through staff meetings and informal sharing of life
- Be an active, contributing member of the worship staff, committed to growth and excellence
- Continually develop gifts and knowledge through training, networking and personal
- Fulfill expectations of others in the creative process in a timely manner
- Contribute to building a worship culture that is continually attracting new artists and infusing new talent, resulting in an ever-growing worship ministry
- Prepares for and contributes to assigned teams and in all assigned meetings
Please inlcude cover letter, resume and worship leading links in your submissions.