Title: DIRECTOR OF MUSICAL WORSHIP—146th St.
Area: 146th St. WORSHIP TEAM
Supervisor: ASSOCIATE PASTOR OF MUSICAL WORSHIP—146th St.
The Director of Musical Worship—146th is responsible to oversee and coordinate musical worship for services and
events in the FUSE/Middle School and MERGE/High School ministries. This individual will also help shape Grace
Church’s worshipping culture through periodically contributing as a worship leader in the 146th St. worship
services. In addition, this role is charged with identifying, shepherding and training members of the student
ministries worship team, working with the Grace worship music integration team in overseeing student and adult
worship repertoire, and collaborating in the planning and execution of student worship services.
Essential Job Responsibilities
• Coordinate musical worship for the student ministries of Grace Church 146th St.
• Lead, shepherd, recruit and audition student worship team members
• Serve as a staff leader and shepherd by engaging students who attend Fuse and Merge events
• Contribute in the programming and debriefing of student services by attending student ministries design
• Assist in student retreats and all campus student events
Itinerant Worship Leader and Musician
• Serve as a rotating worship leader/Vocalist/Instrumentalist for 146th St. weekend services and other
occasional Grace events as needed.
• Build into and musically develop student ministries’ worship instrumentalists and vocalists
• Direct band and vocalists when leading worship in both student and adult venues
• Serve as needed for Holiday services (E.g. Easter & Christmas)
• Assist with arranging, transposing, composing as needed
• Keep Planning Center and database up to date with pertinent information
• Scheduling for students and adult volunteer band/vocalists for Fuse and Merge
• Communicate weekly service needs with Production Director and scheduled volunteers
• Prepare weekly musical resources for volunteer teams (E.g. charts, loops/tracks)
• Maintenance and upkeep of instruments in student areas
• Bachelor’s Degree in Music or related area preferred
• 2-3 years of progressively responsible music leadership experience
• Proven experience in the following areas of skill:
• Ability to work independently and in collaborative team environments
• Ability to relate to Middle School and High School students
• Strong organizational skills
• Competent vocalist with commanding stage presence and exhibiting infectious energy
• Musical competence in instrumental arranging and music theory
• Competence in and experience with music technology and equipment (E.g. Ableton Live)
• Competence in piano and/or guitar preferred required
*Leadership *Administration Helps *Encouragement
*Discernment *Interpersonal communications skills
PLEASE APPLY BY VISITING: http://gracechurch.us/resources/jobs