Modern Worship Leader and Director of Worship Ministries
At First Pres. Church of Glen Ellyn, we love and embrace inspiring worship and are looking for a Director of Worship who will lead modern worship services with vision, creativity, a passion for excellence, and a love of Jesus Christ. We are an active, multigenerational
Presbyterian church. Members embrace their faith as a lifestyle, and the church is active all week with worship, community events, small groups, children’s and youth programming, and missions that are local, national, and global.
Position Directive: Lead engaging modern worship services as the primary worship leader with passion and creativity, develop and mentor a large group of musicians and vocalists, work with staff members and lay members to find ways to include
inspiring worship in church programming.
Partners in Ministry: Pastors, Associate Worship Director, Worship Council.
Reports to: Senior Pastor/Head of Staff
Peers include: Associate Pastors, Director of Children’s Ministries, Director of Youth Ministry, Preschool Director and Church Administrator.
• With the pastors, design and lead inspiring worship that deepens our love of Christ
• Develop the worship team, including the next generation of worship leaders
• Innovate new ideas for the worship experience at First Pres., including new uses of technology
• Other responsibilities, such as music at special events, scheduling guest musical groups, maintaining instruments and equipment, and other duties as mutually negotiated by the Pastor.
• Extraordinary music background and performance skill. Excellent instrumentals and vocals.
• Experience in modern worship leadership.
• An undergraduate or graduate degree in music is highly valued and significant experience in worship leadership is required.
• Ability to compose, arrange, and orchestrate for the Worship Team.
• Strong audio engineering skills with the soundboard (i.e. Midas Pro1)
• Administrative and organizational skills
• Diligence and creativity, with a strong sense of vision
• Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
• Ability to mentor and nurture Christian discipleship
• Familiarity and comfort with basic Reformed theology
• Knowledge of modern Christian worship music
• Familiarity with necessary software and web resources (e.g. Planning Center Online, ProPresenter, Dropbox, Excel/Numbers)
Salary Commensurate with Abilities and Experience
Contact Information for the Position:
First Presbyterian Church of Glen Ellyn
550 North Main Street
Glen Ellyn, IL 60137