Middle School Youth Pastor
Oversee the Middle School students at Calvary Worship Center by providing strong leadership, spiritual direction and solid biblical teaching in order to reach students with the love of Christ. Equip and help them grow in their faith, challenging them to
discover their ministry. Show them how to connect to Jesus Christ; other Christians and honor God with their life, ultimately producing spiritually mature young adults.
- Weekend Services: The Youth Pastor is required to prepare and deliver biblically sound teachings to the Middle School youth every weekend. The role of the Middle School Youth Pastor on weekends is to greet, be available for and encourage
ALL youth to mature in the faith, by hearing God’s Word and serving in some capacity.
- Outreach: Be involved (as much as possible) in local schools to build relationships and increase impact/visibility of the Middle School youth ministry and CWC within the community.
- Events: Using events, whether social (bonfires, dodge ball, etc.) or ministry (mission trips, camps, conventions, and retreats) to further strengthen connections with students and God. Providing 1 quality youth event every other month.
- Leadership Development: Recruit and develop a plan for adult, student, and worship leadership teams, providing opportunities to them to lead in the many areas of the Middle School ministry as well as CWC.
- Overall Ministry:
- Continually evaluate mid-week service and events to ensure effectiveness
- Provide opportunities and monitor students to serve within the church
- Provide opportunities for students to engage outreach in our community and our world
- Write annual Strategic Ministry Plan and update goals on a quarterly basis
- Ability to develop and maintain organizational structure
- Maintain spiritual maturity and be committed to a Spirit-filled Christian lifestyle.
- Maintain a Servant mentality
- Be committed to CWC’s Excellence in Ministry Values
- Attend weekly service and is actively involved in serving opportunities at CWC
- Be passionate about serving youth
- Motivated Leader
- Gifted Communicator
- Accountability: The Middle School Pastor is directly accountable to the Equipping Pastor of Calvary Worship Center, and will meet on a monthly basis for ministry development.
He is expected to be accountable to all official and functional procedures and policies of Calvary Worship Center and its administrative decisions. This position also remains ultimately accountable to the Sr. Pastor of Calvary Worship Center.
- Cooperation: The Middle School Pastor is expected to engage in mutual cooperative actions and relationships with the staff and congregation of the church.
- Loyalty: Loyalty and support to the Sr. Pastor and the rest of the staff is absolutely necessary. On occasion you may not agree with the philosophy or procedure used, but your total support is necessary and is to be carried out accordingly.
- Other: Fulfill general pastoral duties for Calvary Worship Center such as weddings, funerals, food pantry and pastoral care. Also, participate in the leadership and implementation of all church events as necessary.
- Evaluations: The Equipping Pastor will conduct an evaluation of job performance and review the level of compensation.
Note: This position is subject to a review both 90 days and 120 days from the date of hire, to assess the effectiveness and productivity of the employee and the necessity of