We’re seeking a relational leader to shepherd our students grades 7th-12 while equipping volunteers and parents to disciple the next generation.
Supervises: ?Full-Time Associate and Girls Ministry Associate/Admin Assistant
Principal Function: The Lead Student Pastor is responsible for the development and implementation of ministries that develop and promote a Gospel-centered lifestyle of evangelism and discipleship in line with the GSFBC Vision and 4 Priorities
for all 7th – 12th grade students.
- Develop a ministry-wide discipleship strategy that leads ministry in order to fulfill the vision of making disciples who make disciples.
- Consult with the Family Discipleship Pastor to: recruit, train, and equip teachers and ministry volunteers; select curricula; identify supply and facility needs; and plan special emphases for promotion and outreach in the Student Ministry.
- Partner with the Family Discipleship Pastor in ministering to families and parents through Geyer Family initiatives.
- Lead students to develop a missional lifestyle by engaging their community – individually, corporately, and with families.
- Manage and administer all budgets associated with Student Ministry.
- Stay informed on Student Ministry methods, programs, and administration by attending conferences and conventions, continued professional development in cooperation with the Lead Pastor.
- Supervise and direct any and all Student Ministry Associates, Assistants, and Interns as required.
- Perform ministerial duties as needed and assigned as part of GSFBC Staff.
- Engage in the church-wide activities and ministries of GSFBC.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A growing and personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Commitment to serve Jesus Christ and the mission of GSFBC.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 3 years ministry experience as a Lead Student Pastor in church averaging at least 500 in weekly attendance.
- Proven skills in the area of: administration, interpersonal relationships (staff and members), and leading leaders.
- Gifted communicator in teaching, casting vision, and exhorting people toward a Gospel-centered lifestyle.
- Seminary Degree, with experience in Student Ministry.
- 5 years ministry experience as a Lead Student Pastor in church averaging at least 750 in weekly attendance.
Student Pastor Traits
Candidate with strong skills and proven experience as a relational leader.
- High value of Integrity
- Highly relational
- Exhibits Wisdom
- Servant-hearted team player
- Leader – self-aware, delegator, collaborative, self-driven, strategic thinker/planner/implementer who can build and lead a team
- Disciple Maker
- Effective Communicator – small and large group environments
- Pastor’s Heart – includes all students and seeks to reach all campuses
- Partners with Parents – equipping; empowering; discipling parents