The Student Pastor will support the Senior Pastor, other Pastoral Staff, Lay Leadership and Volunteers of Sunset Avenue Church of God (SACOG) to fulfill its mission to:
Declare the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Discover the truths of Scripture and their application for everyday living.
Develop mature disciples in pursuit of Christ-likeness.
Deploy disciples into active ministry in the home, the church, the community and the world.
Delight in the Lord, knowing that our deepest pleasure is found in a lifestyle of worship.
To accomplish these goals, the Student Pastor will lead the Student Ministry of SACOG (6th-12th Grade). It is understood that the youth at Sunset Avenue are a vital part of our fellowship. Their active involvement is necessary for us in building the Kingdom
of God in our community. We value their gifts and talents and desire to see them used among us.
It is therefore imperative that we have a strong spiritual Student Pastor who supports these values, relates to their needs, reassures a Christ centered life and represents a model for them to follow. The Student Pastor will be an excellent team leader
with the ability to effectively communicate with the students, their parents, and the youth staff, both orally and in writing.
The following description is meant to be a guideline whereby the Student Pastor can understand the expectations placed upon him.
1. Has been baptized with the Holy Ghost with the initial evidence of speaking in other tongues, and remains Spirit filled. Has an established prayer life and Bible study habits, and has a heart for God and youth.
2. Must meet Biblical qualifications for church leadership (I Timothy 3 and Titus 1) and support the Doctrines of the Church of God as outlined in the Statement of Faith, as well as the Articles of Incorporation, By-Laws, and the Polices and Procedures Manual
of the Sunset Avenue Church of God. (Information about the Church of God denomination is available at www.churchofgod.org. Information about SACOG is available at www.sunsetavenue.org)
3. Should have a Degree in Youth Ministry. Or equivalent experience with 3-5 years in a setting of at least 50 students with an overall church size of 500 is preferable, with or without a degree.
4. Demonstrates loyalty, faithfulness, is available, teachable, persevering, loves students and has a positive outlook.
5. Candidates should be a people person; works well in a team setting and is a team builder. Has the ability to lead youth staff meetings, is a visionary and energetic in guiding students to a deeper faith in Jesus Christ.
6. Maintains organization in planning, budgeting, time and resources.
7. Must be able to communicate effectively and compassionately both orally and in writing with students, parents, staff, and other adults.
8. Experience with, but not limited to, all Microsoft Office applications as well as presentation hardware and software. The ability to produce quality graphics and media presentations is essential. Experience with Mac applications and current audio-visual
technology is preferred.
9. Must have a clean criminal and driving record (excluding minor traffic violations) and be prepared to authorize release of information for background and criminal records checks prior to being hired. Use of alcohol, tobacco, drugs, or any acts or practices
of moral turpitude are inconsistent with SACOG’s Statement of Faith, By-laws, and Policies and Procedures Manual and would therefore be grounds for rejection of any candidate or termination of any employee.
The Student Pastor is responsible for all ministries involving students in middle school (grades 6 - 8) and high school (grades 9 – 12). This includes Sunday School, Family Training Hour (Wednesday Night), weekly activities, retreats, outreach, discipleship
and special programs. Other duties will correspond to the gifting of the individual. As a member of the pastoral staff, the Student Pastor will report directly to the Senior Pastor or other designated administrator. As a member of the Pastoral Staff the Student
Pastor will also contribute to the establishment of strategy, philosophy, and direction of the church. Additionally, the Student Pastor will establish and maintain Policies and Procedures concerning the operation of the Student Ministry to include appropriately
communicating direction and the mentoring of volunteer Youth Leaders as needed.
Pastoral and Administrative Responsibilities:
1. Assist the Senior Pastor in pastoral duties as needed and/or requested.
2. Regularly attend all staff meetings as required. Report on ministry activities.
3. Manage all administrative functions for Student Ministry including long-range planning and budgeting functions.
4. Submit pastoral and financial reports and records in a timely manner.
5. Remain professionally current in one’s area of leadership and ministry. This includes reading, studying, consulting, training, seminars and conferences. Pastoral and personal growth will be a priority, retreating occasionally for spiritual renewal and
refreshment, reading and planning, Bible study, prayer and fasting
Salary and other compensation will be based on qualifications and experience. A detailed
Compensation Package will be furnished for consideration at the time of final interview.
This will be a full-time position with a flexible workweek, often in excess of 40 hours.
Our desire is to fill this position as soon as possible and we will continue reviewing candidates until the right person is identified. Interested and qualified individuals should submit their resume, family photo, salary history, and if available a video
or cd message by May 23rd, 2018.
You may submit these things by mail or email at the following addresses:
Sunset Avenue Church of God
Attn: Cindy Hudson, Administrative Assistant
PO Box 938
Asheboro, NC 27204
The position described was prepared to represent the general requirements of the position and may be subject to change based on the needs of the Church. SACOG’s Articles of Incorporation, By-Laws, and Policies and Procedures Manual govern all terms and conditions