** Please note, as part of our application process, you must complete the Culture Index survey linked below:
Principle Function: The Middle School Student Pastor is primarily responsible for Middle School Ministry (grades 6-8).
Reports to: Student Pastor
- Develop and maintain individual ministry goals supportive of FBR’s vision, values, and strategies.
- Lead and organize effective middle school programs implementing fellowship, worship, biblical teaching, discipleship, and evangelism, as well as ministry and mission opportunities.
- Recruit, train and shepherd middle school Life Group volunteers, each with diverse gifts and personalities.
- Provide counseling and spiritual direction to students on an individual basis.
- Maintain contact with students and parents, keeping them informed of ongoing activities. Keep parents updated on ministry strategies and plans in a way that encourages partnership and involvement.
- Support parents in effectively fulfilling their Christian parenting roles, in concert with other pastoral staff.
- Assist in the development and oversight of the Middle School Ministry budget (to be submitted to the Business Administrator and Finance Committee); also manage student fees for events and trips in a timely fashion.
- Seek to integrate Middle School Ministry into all phases of church life to create a culture that is intentionally intergenerational, striving to unite with and complement other church ministries.
- Participate as needed or requested in the evaluation and development of the overall church ministry.
- Assist the Student Pastor in overall Student Ministry wide events
- Represent FBR weekly on school campuses
- Actively serve as a member of the Discipleship Team
Qualifications and Competencies:
- One who exhibits a personal and growing relationship with God, a teachable spirit, and healthy family life (preferably married).
- One who possesses a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a related field (Masters preferred), two years’ experience in student ministry, basic administrative skills/budgeting skills, and a personal spiritual life congruent with biblical mandates for leaders
(1 Timothy 3:1-7).
- One who is capable of creating and executing a long-term strategy for middle school ministry.
- One who is gifted and is called to student ministry, loves young people, and has a passion for evangelism and outreach, both personally and at the ministry level.
- To assist the Senior Pastor and Discipleship Pastor in all pastoral ministries as directed.
- An engaging, relevant, seasoned teacher, with a strong biblical and theological background, who is in agreement with FBR’s statement of faith (Baptist Faith and Message 2000).
- A self-motivated leader, capable of casting and imparting vision for ministry, possessing relational skills with students, parents, and staff.
- One who can deal with conflict in a biblical manner.
- One who is creative and has competency in production planning (would prefer worship leadership background).